Delta Q Retro charger

Has anybody seen a delta q retro charger that the codes cant be changed ?
A retro charger is one that was installed when Gem changed from zivan to delta and changed to gel batteries code 14.
Physically it looks the same but there is a extra wire with a led on the end which goes to the steering column. Thanks

I’ve got one and can’t change the code. I have flooded batteries and can’t change the code either. It’s on 14 and I need 13. Seems to charge OK though. I tried to change it about 20 times following both procedures but no luck.

Would appreciate any advice.

content removed…

Any of you Delta Q wizards in the Middle Florida area willing to program mine for me. I can pull it off and bring it to you. Were in Tavares.

content removed…

Took my charger to the Dodge (GEM) dealer in Fruitland. Richard the service manager gave it to his Tech and he came back with it in 5 minutes. He claims he hasn’t run into a unit he couldn’t program. Admitted that techniqe has a lot to do with sucessful program changing.

Note: Richard and his crew are TOP NOTCH and don’t overcharge for their service. Probably one of the most HONEST service providers I have ever dealt with.

I have heard of this problem with some of the Delta Q chargers. Have not seen this first hand though. Whenever I encounter a GEM with a bad Delta Q, I just replace it with a Quick Charge.

Daniel

Well it’s great that you can do that.

I have to watch my dollars so I go to the wall to use what I have on hand.