Delta Q 910-7200 wont change modes?

I have the a GEM and a half, 1999-2001 I believe. I did make my own lithium pack of 24 105AH primary cells. This has been working ok for almost a year. The one issue is charging battery to full ~86v is tough.

The 1/2 Gem has the Delta Q charger to donate but is in mode 13 and I don’t seem to be able to get joy from 1 second or 3 second tap to enter changing mode.

I have watched the videos, read the directions and wonder if my Delta only has one program in it?

Best $150 i ever spent on a gem specialized tool was for a quikQ programmer.

Tappy tap tap never worked for me either.

Depending on what generation of charger you have, some of the earlier ones are very difficult to get into and switch around. I have one that acts exactly the same(one profile and will NOT change to anything else). Even if you did manage to get into programming mode, you probably don’t have anything that would be compatible with your pack.

Post a pic of the serial # sticker. If it starts with DQCP and has a black dot or later there is a good chance it can be programmable and tuned a bit for your Lithium pack.

Also- provide some details on your pack design. Are you running a BMS?
Or just checking balance every now and then?
What is your target V/cell you would like to get to? (86/24?)

hi
if you have a Gem old charger
it was 3sec ON with 0606-00423
and 4sec ON with 0606-00523/ 0606-00678

1 Like

Thanks for the great response!

What port does the programer plug into? What software does it use?

Lifepo4 primary cells, 24 pcs, 105AH, Daly BMS.

IF there is a setting for equalizing it might be close? The BMS will shut the charge down if it is too high.

It uses the firewire port on the charger. If your charger doesn’t have one, you’re screwed.

j/k

USB to the programmer, Windows OS computer, programmer connects to the positive and negative leads from the charger. In my experience, the PSDM module in the 05+ classic gems interferes with the communication and you need to disconnect the positive lead and go direct to the battery cable. I don’t recall exactly, but I think I didn’t need to unhook anything for my 15 eM (48V, “new style” gem, sort of… the eM is pretty unique, so can’t say how the other new style gems will behave)

Yup. Needed to have the black dot.

How high are you trying to go?
3.80?

I have 24 cells and would like to charge to 3.6v = 86.4v

Are you serious about needing the black dot version?

Yes- the DQCP will not talk to the programmer without the black dot.
It does not explain why you cannot switch into another profile.
Maybe we can chat and find out what you are missing.

I sent you a PM. (note the flag on your avatar (upper right of page)

THIS USUALLY WORKS

To prepare to change the algorithm on a Delta Q on most GEM cars you will need 2 pieces of insulated electrical wire about 6 feet long connected to a momentary pushbutton switch.
The reason for this is that you will be flat on your back where you can see the indicator lights on the DQ while changing the setting.
Let’s get started.
Shut the main switch off.
Disconnect the red wire coming from the charger at the B+ (battery plus) post.
Connect one of your pushbutton wires to the post and position the other end under the cart in a comfortable position.
Connect the other wire to the charger red wire…
Turn on the main switch.
THE HARDEST PART OF THE PROCEDURE IS GETTING THE CHARGER IN SETUP MODE.
Get under the cart in a comfortable position where you can plug and unplug the charger.
Reach up and plug in the charger. The indicator will flash the current code for 11 seconds in yellow then time out and flash red.
Unplug the charger for 15+ seconds to let it reset.
WE”RE READY TO GO
Plug the charger in and push the button for a bit less than one second (count 1-1000) ¾ of a second is too short, more than a second is too long. If it continues to flash the algorithm for more than 11 seconds YOU’RE IN!!!. If it red lights, you have to start over.
When you’re in, you have 2 minutes to tap the button for a bit less than 4 secounds, count 1-1000, 2-1000, 3-1000, 4-unh. Under 3 seconds is too short, over 4 seconds is too long. If you got It. it will flash the new algorithm. If you red light, start over.
Repeat until you reach your desired algorithm. THEN
Hold the button down for 10 seconds, or until you hear the charger click indicating your new setting is stored.
Unplug the charger and shut off the main switch. Remove your setup wiring and connect the red charger wire to the post.
YOU’RE DONE!!!

Are we sure about this? I have an extra 48v charger that doesn’t have a dot and my programner talks to it just fine. I thought it was that they cant be reflashed without the dot.

Hmmm… Maybe I just had a comm error?
Let me poke around for more info.

Seems like even the slightest thing can cause a communications error. Just having the psdm hooked up will do it.

Or the back dot came off on the one i have, as it is a used charger. I actually bought it by accident. It only has one profile on it, a trojan flooded battery program. I dont have any lead acid profiles i can test load on it.

s-l400

here you can find many profiles if you will test
Download Algorithms for QuiQ Series Chargers – Delta-Q Technologies Corp.

1 Like

Sweet. Thanks!

Only the mid model change used the dot. Dqcp

well that was interesting. I’ve got a charger on the floor of the backseat so easy view of the LEDs and I have a jumper cable on B+ so I can easily touch/release it from the red wire and I was close to 2 dozen attempts without success. And then, as I as doing a one-handed power-plug connection I was sloppy and there was some intermittent arcing heard but when finally solidly connected I did the 1 sec touch and voila, I was in. The 4 sec walk through the algorithms was a cakewalk compared to getting it into program mode.

I was tempted to wire a FET to a microcontroller to do this for me and that’s when the glitching happened and I got into the change-program mode. Thanks for posting Rodney.