Cv boot replacement late model

looking for some help on changing outer cv boot . got the replacement boots from nev , no instructions . checked the service manual but its for uptp 2004 . it says remove the inside clip that holds joint on shaft . there is no clip that holds it on shaft on late models . has anyone done this on a 2005 or later ? cant find anything on internet and cant find a late model service manual help !

Interesting. The manual says replace the half shaft.

I’m not built that way. I’D cut the sucker in half and weld it back together with a tube before I’d buy a new half shaft. Do you have it out of the car?

I do have it out . cant believe nev accessories sells replacement boots but you cant get the shaft apart . i’m lost on what to do.

it looks like it mat be pressed it .

someone has to have done it .

Send it to me. This is stupid I have a press. Did you check the other end to see if it comes off?

Rodney Diehl
1673 Nassau Circle
Tavares Florida

251-269-3182

Didn’t they have an option for a split boot? They are made for on the car repair.

Just looked at my 2007 E2. It has metal rings on each end of the boot. Looks like factory installed that must be cut off. Did they give you new clip rings? Barry.

I’m interested. Boots are not good.

Ask your parts dealer?

Gotta come apart somehow.

This is part # for inner and outer boot kit 2005 and up

Inner & Outer Halfshaft Boot Kit 0113-02361 2005-Current

Did you try pulling the joint apart and looking for a clip on the shaft end?

they don’t sell them , but we need to source them from the auto world . it would make this job so easy with a split boot . the job of removing the shaft and changing is a time consuming very dirty job .

talked with nev today . they say there isn’t a clip on the outer joint but there is one on the inner joint . so take off that boot , find mistery clip , then disassemble .

I partially split the new boot and slide it over the end . then double glued and wrapped it , we’ll see if it works . I see why gem mechanic just changes the whole shaft out . this job is messy and sucks!

I friend here in my complex had the same problem with his gem. He gave up and returned the parts. He bought a whole shaft on ebay for about $100.,

Any luck yet?

no haven’t had the time . the diy split I did is holding so i’m not that motivated to put the time in yet .

just did all of the boots on my 05, you have to cut the metal bands off and in order to get them off/on you have to remove the snap ring at the CV joint and pull the entire end off install the boots and resemble. Other than snap ring pliers there is no special tool required The entire disassemble/resemble process took about 3 hours with two people. The biggest PITA was getting the new clamps on tight.

What boots/clamps did you use?

the NEV accessories kit, took 4 of them

This one?
GEM CAR HALF SHAFT BOOT KIT 2005 - 2012-NEV ACCESSORIES

Is that the pull thru “noose” clamp?

Need a special tool?

My original clamps weren’t tight enough. Tried narrow hose clamps and even zip ties. Not enough room to rotate. Then I tried the noose clamps, but didn’t have a tool.

Used two turns of ss tie wire.

Next time I’ll get the kit. :frowning: Only saved $30.

I take that back.:wink: Now I know how to do it. :clap2:

Are you almost ready to drive?

I use Tie Wraps for boot clamps. Have for the last 20 years