Chevy Bolt conversion

This is middle factory mount point.

I could run with that and series the packs front to back. Parallel next to each other.

How many amps did you fuse at?

Original 250a fuseā€¦

Balance leads marked.
0-4-8-12 etc
Mark plugs as they are not keyed.

MVC-008F

My battery from David showed up. So I will get to play along as well

Woohoo are you going under the rear seat?

Are you done yet?

Whatā€™s the hold up?
Weekends coming and then youā€™ll be on break againā€¦

Yes under the rear seat. Iā€™m gonna follow Daveā€™s leed

I dig. Iā€™m going to add the second set of packs under the seat. 24kw will extend the nice fresh charge feeling. The ride is rough sans weight under the seat. Going to look for air sucks to put out back for adjustment.

Had a minute. Made a quick LED conversion for tail lights. Center running, outer brake/ turn.

Range thus far. Last charge numbers from factory SOC indicator, after about 26 miles SOC read ~45%, voltage was~62 VDC. I havenā€™t run it down all the way yet but there is much left till the factory cut off should kick in. Not sure about an 80 mile range estimate.

Once I get the BMS hooked up weā€™ll get a better understanding of what the pack is doing. That and replacing the factory charger and voltage converter with the Delta Q all in one.

62v, if thatā€™s correct is flat dead. Too low to run without bms. If not perfectly balanced a cell might be in the damage zone.
Iā€™m sure you wonā€™t get near 80 miles in actual use.
My test of 150w per mile was <25mph on level ground, no stopping and starting.
80 miles also assumes using full capacity of the battery.
We normally only use from 4v to 3.5v for long battery life.
High speed and hills, Grant came up with 250w per mile.

Factoring both will be ~ 36 miles between charges.
Itā€™s a struggle to estimate range with all the variables. The 150w/mile should be able to be duplicated.

Thatā€™s kind of what I was figuring for range. Based on the first few charges. 50 would be nice. That was the reading on the charger before it kicked on. Iā€™ll check via meter on the next run. Hopefully Iā€™ll have the Deustch connector soon enough and I can swap in all the new parts.

Did you run the pack yet with the 250A fuse in line?
I didnā€™t get those fuses with the packs so I am getting ready to order some
The main is a 400 Amp fuse.

No, but the fuse is the original fuse in the 2008 E4. No fuse in yours?

Check your cell voltages if you get anywhere near top or bottom. Only takes one time to lose a cell.

I see, yes charger reads low in idle mode. An unintended consequence of the anti-spark board that we added.

Our 2002 E4 had a 400 amp fuse. Thatā€™s why I was asking about the 250amp between the packs.

Maybe Iā€™m wrong on the value. Did it show up on the picture?
I donā€™t see a problem with using the original Gem fuse.