Chevy Bolt conversion

They would be stacked.

Ok, I plan to send the whole 20s module to someone. Looking for new ideas.
Won’t be doing much for a few weeks. Dealing with a shingles outbreak above my eye.

Post any updates. For sure how the ride feels with batteries upfront.
Could be a huge breakthrough for early Gems.
Did you get a charger that works?

Got a new charger. Had a bad unit. It’s working now. Doing the first charge sans BMS. Been tied up with work and kids. I picked up fuses Friday to wire in for the BMS. I should have that going this week. Then I’ll get it all mounted in. With the larger wheels out back I’m going to have to fab up a new cover in place of the plastic fenders as well. Like any project, it grows!

If you want to part with your dq charger let me know. I still wouldn’t mind swapping out the on board charger.

Good luck on the shingles deal. I’ve had Co workers go through that. Not exciting.

I have no plans for the charger. Not actively selling it.
You might wait to see how the project goes first.
I think I have a couple used ones too. If you’re on the fence or want to try one out.
I may be getting your bad charger to evaluate. May be two. I jump in when I can be helpful. Looking for some good karma.:wink:

What are your clearance issues on the back. Spacing them out too far?
I bought some flares for my truck that I never used. Might be ugly on a car though.

They are just to tall. I put 1" spacers on to help and adapt the studs.
You wouldn’t believe it but three of the four drums had 10mm studs and one had 12mm studs. The new disk brakes are 12x 1.5. With the 4x4"- 4x114mm 1" thick adapter they are all 12mm studs now. The overall is 23" OD but it rubs. If I raise the fender bracket I loose the nice rear facia for the accessory bracket. I am taking it as an opportunity to put a flat bed on the back with some aluminum plate.

What relay type/size etc? Finally working up the BMS

Not needed. IMO
The bms controls the C10325 when connected. I have not tested.
I make a one wire interface to connect bms to DQ charger. My preference.
The Gem has a low voltage cutoff that works fine. Test it to see what the cell level is when Gem goes to limp mode.

Copy that. Are you using the one wire system on this same BMS or the Bluetooth version you mentioned?

Actually it should work on any bms. I make it specific for bms-24t.
The delta-q has a single wire control. Ground to enable.
The bms puts out B+ to enable. I build an inverter and led into a shrink tube bulge between bms and charger.

I would sell a used lithium dq and interface for $225.
I believe Grant uses one.
Set the DQ a little high and change ch level from the bms. 3.9, 4.05, 4.11v whatever you want. The first cell high terminates charge.
Bms will balance and restart. Repeat until all cells are charged automatically.
Pretty neat system.
The bms and C10325 are supposed to do the same. It seems buggy to me though.
Again, Grant is the guy who actually does this stuff. All my time is spent testing new products and talking about batteries. :slight_smile:

Version 2 fuse

wiring

Very nice.
I will be sending Grant a battery soon. He will have to do the same, as wants to use a BMS-24t also.
Do you think the leads that come with bms would work if 1meter long?

Depends on where he mounts the module. I tested and charged the battery packs individualy at 10s with the BMS. One installed and connected to the full 24s I fried the BMS. So yippy. Good news is fuses work. I’m now adding a second fuse in line outside of the pack. Going to need a different BMS myself. What’s your thoughts. Better with the 20s module, Bluetooth set up? Or another 24s?

I have 7’ leads on mine

Good thing you fused them then.
UPS just picked up Grant’s Bolt module. I missed the driver. Don’t know how they lift 150lb. Maybe they send a special truck.
I’m hoping it’s big enough that they can’t throw it around.
Thought I might get at fitting one in my E4 today. My sister just put me to work on a water heater and it feels like nap time. :slight_smile:

Copy life getting in the way. Let me know the best way to send you money for the charger/ BMS. In your opinion, better to use the 24s you pictured or another BMS?

Let me know where you’re at as far as equipment.
Are you starting over?
You should only need one charger and bms. I don’t like to give contradicting advice. Everyone has their own opinions.
I have used Chargery in the past and like it. The bms-24t works great controlling a DQ charger.
Going forward, I will use the bluetooth bms because of the fuse issue.
You are past that now. It’s your call. BMS-24t is simple to setup and use, bluetooth on android was a stretch for me.