Charger profile #5?

Subject : 09 e2, Deka 8G31(4yrs old), Delta charger. (Black dot)

My battery voltages are all over the place (13.6 to 12.4 at rest), and two of the batteries might be a little bit hurt(via load test). I have been reading up on all the past posts here so I thought I’d better check the profile the charger was using. I was expecting to see #14 but instead found it running #5?

Has anybody seen this before?

Digging deeper I found a master profile table(I think on the Delta website?) that has a page full of profiles which list #5 as for Trojan flooded batteries.

That same document offers a #6 profile for Deka Gels so I should probably switch to that, but these batteries might be already hurt. We shall see. I may be setting up for a battery swap.

Is there a difference between my #6 and your #14 that I should worry about?

Just for fun I stepped through all the stored profiles and found 5, 6, 7, 8,11, 27, 42, and 43.

I think I read that there was a special programming for the Gem Cars that had the list you guys keep referring to (13, 14, 15, 24, 25, 32)

I am guessing this charger was replaced and a generic one was grabbed off the shelf and wired in. #5 seems to be the first profile and the installer just left it running the default without checking or changing.

yes Gem used their own numbers. Chargers are the same. use the factory charge code for gel.

1 Like

Thanks LG! This is what I was looking for.

SOC usually doesn’t work with generic chargers

SOC usually doesn’t work with generic chargers

Interesting. I will watch for this. Thanks.

Only because it doesn’t go through the Gem shunt and interlock system. The charger itself is the same hardware.