Bolt Lithium upgrade 2.0

Mike or David or Myself could put a pack together with a charge controller and BMS and Charger.

I have 2 sets but in florida so shipping would be a lot . Gwest is in Cali . Both him and INWO put the whole package together for a drop in solution . I usually don’t have the time and just supply the components for the DIY guy .

I could buy the cells from either Mike or David
And then wire it up for a BMS/ Drop in kit and ship it to you. Your gonna need $3500

Here is a thread that Tyson: a member here had me build a 20 cell Bolt kit for his 2002

It’s quite a long thread. But I wanted you get the point if you buy a battery from anyone on the site and have us help you out. We will not just sell you the battery we will help you get it installed and trouble shoot it with you.

Try that with Allen on EBay LOL LOL LOL

1 Like

I purchased my bolt wired and ready to drop in from @grantwest. He was very helpful especially when I made a mistake on the negative and only had half the pack hooked up. That was my fault it was well labeled.

I can help with all the materials you will need once you get the batteries. It was very easy just a few supplies I had to pick up at Lowe’s to secure the battery in place.

I have been very happy with my setup, this was my first summer with it and I very rarely had to worry about taking the cart out for long events and worrying about charging it. I ran two soccer tournaments, drove 3 miles to the complex drove it all day and drove three miles back. You can see I logged it on the thread grant posted above. You would be in good hands with @Inwo and @grantwest if you purchased from them

1 Like

Bolt is the best we’ve found. Well worth the money. Big ah and flexible voltage. 20s to 24s.
In Ca. Grant is the guy to set it up. You can DIY, but it’s a long hard road.
Deep pockets might talk him into a Tesla battery.

For stock voltage, 20s is all you need. Clean install under the seat from Grant.

It’s alive !

All in . Have a 1/4" of clearance between top of battery and bottom of aluminum seat bar . Hooked up the balancer and charging now . Current charger setting is only going to 93.x volts for now until I load in the NEW #161 profile . This should charge to 96.7v and put each cell at 4.03v which is perfect .

The modules are a little out of balance , Poor balancer has its work cut out for it on a pack this big .

1 Like

Awesome thread. I’m in FL, need batteries for my Gem and I’m torn. Do I spend $600 at Sams for cheapy batteries or do I drop $3,000 for Lithium Ion?

Is there a cheaper way to do Lithium Ion yet? I’ve got skills, but I don’t think they’re on par with what people are doin here.

Oh yeah, also need a charger or need to rebuild mine. PM me directly if you have specific information about my situation, and off this topic.

Love seeing what you guy are doing!

I am glad that the bolt batteries we found have taken off as well as they have. I still have 5 more 36 volt packs I just have to get around to adding the parallel pack for the ultimate long distance machine.

1 Like

Been traveling and finally got home today . Loaded the new #161 lithium profile in and am charging . will post finished voltage when it finishes and what voltage spoof that I install . Going in for back surgery tomorrow afternoon , so don’t know if I will have a chance to do a full distance test . Thinking it will be around 60 miles and don’t know if I will have time .

2 Likes