back seat, seat back removal

I remove seating portion, I only see 2 screws at bottom, how does the top portion come off?
Heard there were screws INSIDE taillights that attach to seat back, looked, did not see any.
Anyone know? Want to change seat belts in back.
2005 Gem E4

You have a 2005 and still have the tail lights up high on the back of the cab behind the seats?
Maybe you have one of those transition cars they were still using a mix of parts.

In my 09 there are normally two bolts at the bottom of the seat back. With those removed then you slide the whole unit up and it comes off at the top. Behind the seat at the top there are two downward facing tabs that are hooked on a cleat on the frame.

1 Like

Did you pull off rear light lenses? On 2002 there are two screws in light unit.

yes, the only screws there are "coming’ from the back seat area

there are two screws at the bottom, not sure what you mean by hooked on a cleat

See the rusty loop? That is the hook on the back of the seat.

Ok- technically it is part of the frame, but that is what I referenced as a cleat. The seat hook/loop goes down that open hole on the frame.

Did you try sliding the seatback upward?

Not yet, again where is this cleat? do I release it after the screws are removed and it is at the bottom, or on the the top

I think the cleat on the seat engages the holes in the frame. Try removing lower screws and pushing the back up to disengage clips to frame.

In my 2006 I had to pull forward before pulling up. It was stuck but eventually it came forward.

I got it off, the two metal loops on the back actually went into the open in the back of the cart. Thank you for the advice. Appreciate it.

Another issue, noticed my one brake light sometimes stays on after turning cart off. A short?

my one brake light sometimes stays on after turning cart off

Define- “cart off”

• Key off?
  • Main breaker off?

First- check to see if all the lights function properly when cycled through their outputs.

• Do both light up when you press the brake?
  • Do both dimly light up when you turn on the headlights?
  • Does one and the other blink with the turn signals?
    • brake and signals?

Report back with your findings.

Key off…

only left is on when pressing brake, it does not dim, left turn signal works only.

Just took it around block and it died, had a wrench on the display and 15 mph at read out. Had to push home.
It had 9 bars, so it is charged. But I’m charging it fully.

I had just removed the back seat to install new seat belts, don’t think I knocked anything loose.

Thanks for any help

Aaha!
Now with your eye on the illuminated tail light, (tie a rope on the brake arm/ seek out an assistant) lift up on the brake pedal. Does it come up a little?

Does the brake light go out? (Y/N)

It also is puzzling that your RH light shows no sign of activity. Have you thought about inspecting/replacing that light?

A wrench indicates that the number on the display is a trouble code. In this case a code 15.
15 - voltage low - low power - charge batteries

It had 9 bars, so it is charged.

No, Your SOC meter just thought your batteries were charged and you trusted it. You were both incorrect.

When was the last time you had it plugged in?
When was the last time you checked your batteries?
What batteries do you have?
Do you have a meter?

Depending on how you answer the questions, it will taylor a direction for the next response.

I did plug it in and let it charge till the display showed full charge, do I leave the charging on longer? How do I know when it’s fully charged? …checking batteries, questions on that. it appears they are sealed batteries, can I pry off the top?, If I get a multi meter, do I have to disconnect the batteries to check, can I check them without disconnecting them? What type meter should I get?
I checked all the connections seem tight.

Batteries say “econo power”

BTW, brake light was burned out, replaced both, seems OK now.

brake light was burned out, replaced both, seems OK now.

Really??? It’s not staying on anymore after shutting off the car? Interesting…

I did plug it in and let it charge till the display showed full charge, do I leave the charging on longer? How do I know when it’s fully charged?

Just plug it in and leave it. It actually might be good to unplug it for 30 mins and plug it in again. This should top off thier charge and help your batteries balance to each other if they aren’t too far off.

Locate your charger. You should have a yellow box with black fins and on your car it is probably under the controller shelf in the front of the car. If you look from the driver side above the tire you might see a status display with a bunch of LED’s. That will tell you the status of the charger.

Checking batteries

Depending on what you have (you didn’t say). Don’t go prying things off until you find out what they are. Econo power does not describe it very well.

Part of checking involves taking a direct reading right off the battery. You do not need to disconnect anything. Note that voltage (maybe even write it down in a log book) and check the next one. Continue with all of the batteries. All of the batteries should be very close to the same voltage. Then check the whole pack voltage by placing your meter on each end of the chain (write that down too). If anything starts to go wrong, you will have these numbers to refer back to.

Also do a visual/physical inspection on all of the connections (sounds like you did). Make sure all of these connections are “tight and bright.”

What type meter should I get?

It depends on your budget. There are several ranging from low end to high dollar pro tools. The more you spend the better overall quality, ruggedness, wire leads, features etc. At least get one rated for 200vdc. Harbor Freight stuff is ok, Amazon has many to choose from if you want it dropped at the door.

A few years ago I bought a few Hazard Fraught meters to put out on the production floor at work for the food science guys to grab when they needed to check something minor and also be something I wouldn’t care about if they accidentally knocked one into a vat of caustic.

Turned out that the meters were, as you said, ok, but all of the leads & probes were crap. They would fail internally, and, of course these meters used an oddball size plug-in port so if it failed at the banana plug end by the meter, good luck finding replacement leads, even at HFFT…

You guys are amazing, thank you so much, I will check. Just went out and drove it, display showed a turtle, floored it, would not go any faster than 10 MPH. Then it showed the wrench and the #15 again. It;s on charge now. Waiting for my meter, today hopefully. Thanks again.

Just went out and drove it, display showed a turtle, floored it, would not go any faster than 10 MPH. Then it showed the wrench and the #15 again.

You sound surprised by this?

Its on charge now.

What has it been doing for the last 3 days? Have you checked anything at all?