back seat, seat back removal

I found the meter under the hood, located on the charger I guess. It’s showing a red light at top and one yellow below. What should I expect? More lights Ii assume. Noticed it would not charge unless hood was shut. Leaving it plugged in until? How long does it normally take? Maybe stupid questions, but I have never owned one before. Thanks

That red light is important. Most likely it is blinking a code with a short pause before it repeats. Count the blinks.

I am going to guess that it is blinking twice.
Verify this ^^^ Blinks 2 times and a pause? (Y/N)

2 blinks from the red light means the charger does not see an serviceable pack on it’s output leads.

Either the disconnect switch is off
-or-
the voltage has dropped below the ability of the charger’s desire to deal with it.

Apparently your little run with the turtle showing has now drained the pack so low that it will not charge it back up. When you get down this low it damages the batteries.

Now you have to find a 12v car charger and give each one a boost to bring them all back up to where the onboard charger will kick back in.

This may take a while.
Connect your charger to each battery one at a time and give each one a couple hours before moving to the next. Once you complete this exercise, disconnect the 12v charger and plug in the Gem charger and look at those lights. Hopefully it will go through it’s self check and begin to charge as it should.

Once your meter shows up verify that the batteries are accepting a charge.

But, all of this may be the symptoms of a much bigger problem…
How was the car working the last time you used it?
When was that?
What batteries are in the car?
How old are they?

You also noted that the charger seems to go blank when the hood is tilted open? That should not happen. Verify this again and check your wiring from the hood to the charger.

The red light seems to blink on and off steady. Only yellow light is at the AC indicator. Just got the cart about a month ago early September, I charged it just a few times, seemed to run OK, but I was going by the display meter by steering wheel. I assume the charge indicator and charge completion light will come on when charged properly. How long does that normally take? I have had it plugged in for 5 hours now.The batteries are called econo power, installed in August. Can I assume to connect a car charger to each battery, they will all need to be disconnected? Just got the meter, don’t know what range setting to use, waiting for Customer service to get back to me.