Removing bench seat back (2002 e825 longback)

For removing the back of the bench seat on the older models, besides the two self tapping screws at the base, is there a clip or bolt at the top? I tried to pull the seat back out yesterday, but I couldn’t figure out how to get the top to release from the frame. Not sure if it’s a rusted clip, or I’m just not moving it in the proper direction or if I have to take the fiberglass off the back of the cab to access some bolt. The parts book exploded diagram doesn’t show anything.

Finally…a question I think I can help with! I have a couple of old e825s that I hope to SOMEDAY get running… with help of this great forum (been just reading for bout a year now) but in the meantime I have had the seat backs off to replace the seat belts on one of the rigs. Anyway at least on mine…the screws are hidden inside the light lens covers!

Good luck with your reno!

-Craig

My unit has two screws that can be seen once the seat bottom is lifted up. The top part of the seat back can be released by lifting the entire seat back up once those two lower screws are removed.

Thanks gents.

I’ll take a look under the light covers and try pulling harder on the seat when I get back to this later this week.

its nice to see members helping each other out . i know that a lot of this is technical and a handful of members do most of the input . Questions like these can be answered by members that know the answer but dont usually respond . it is great to hear from new people ! lurkers , chime in . The more members that contribute the better . None of us are half as smart as INWO or half as good looking as GWEST . But we still try and help .
And oldhouseboater knows everything , so thank God we have him !

2 Likes

@gwest @inwo @oldhouseboater

Well, it’s really a credit to the overall “feel” of the forum and how everyone respects other’s opinions. I’ve joined many different forums over the last 20? years as the internet has evolved…. and depending on the topic it can be pretty
“risky” to post an opinion or an approach to a problem that others may not agree with…
:blush:

I always feel kinda guilty just lurking… but on the other hand I really want to add value…… so thanks for the encouragement!

1 Like