Adjusting Battery type on Zivan NG1 charger without the dial

Hi folks,

I have a Zivan NG1 on my 2002 Gem. It does not have a Dial on top for changing to different battery charging profiles, but it does have jumper pins. The labeling on these jumpers are not immediately obvious about what settings mean what, and there’s no label on the cover to

Does anyone know how how to use these instead of the dial? I’m looking for the “E” equivalent on the dial for flooded lead acid batteries. Would also like to know the “F” equivalent if I get bigger batteris or want to do a periodic deep charge.

Thanks!

P.S. I tried calling elcon/zivanusa and he said there is no documentation for it, and just said to send it in and he’d program it for whatever I wanted… But I’d prefer to not be without my charger for 3-16 weeks like I’ve read about here.

So please excuse my ignorance. Your saying you can adjust the charge algorithms on a Zivan charger that does not have the dial??? This is the first I have heard of this? It will be interesting for you to report back out on what you find out. Sorry never heard of this?

I can tell you that you will be doing yourself a favor buy sending your Zivan in and getting it upgraded. They will add the dial for pretty cheep. I think total cost is around $175 if your charger has not broken yet your doing good. And I’m My Opinion your over due for a rebuild. But I understand the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” mantra

I noticed the default batteries in the GEM are 130Ah batteries(?) and my recently purchased 2002 has new(installed in Jul 2017) Crown 130Ahr batteries but when I measure the specific gravity after a charge(sat overnight) I get 1.250 instead of 1.275. Am I correct that the Zivan NG1 is designed to charge 130Ahr wet batteries?

Our 2010 Zone has a Delta-Q but unfortunately it’s only 48V otherwise I would move that charger over in a heartbeat. And I guess a knob is better than nothing.

Hello,
Did you ever get info on charger to change bat. type? I have same style charger no dial.
Looking to switch to AGM batteries.

Use the flooded setting for AGM batteries on chargers without an AGM setting.

Gel setting is too mild and will result in degraded units. 6 months or less.

Rodney

Perhaps buy one of David’s chargery battery chargers $300. Then send your Zivan in for a upgrade ($100) and then sell the zivan for what the Chargery is gonna set you back. People buy up the Upgraded Zivans on ebay

Rodney
Is there a tip on changing the settings on a Ng1 without the dial?

If need to upgrade charger which brand is best for upgrade?
thanks,
Adam

Does your charger have upgrade tag on it? You might have to send it in.

What batteries are you taking out? What batteries are you putting in? Call me 251-269-3182

My choice is Quick Charge.

In a message dated 8/20/2018 11:07:26 AM US Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

TOYS-R-US
August 20
Rodney
Is there a tip on changing the settings on a Ng1 without the dial?

If need to upgrade charger which brand is best for upgrade?
thanks,
Adam

Rodney likes Zivan and generic “ride for fun” quick charge. I think!
I like Delta-Q. But then that’s because I have a shelf full. :slight_smile:

Rodney

Thanks for the reply, sorry it took a few days to get back to you.

I do not see a revision tag on cover or on board. Does it have any special markings? while starting to look at charger found lower power fuse is blown. it is hard to read but looks like a 16amp.

As for the batteries that came out. Not sure but i think it was a Deka battery.

The guy pulled them out before i came with my new ones to test the car. He did not have much info, its was his father-in-laws that has past away.

I installed Duracell ultra Agm Ups

DURHR12-370C/FR-A (12V 95 AH).

We use this type of battery to run elevators, bank of 16 for 220volts.

last 3 to 5 years.

I will try to get fuse tomorrow and see if the charger will turn on.

I also tried to call your number tonight but your v.m would not take msg.

Would love to get any info on the Gems

you would like to share.

Thanks,

Adam

Call again and if I dont answer leave me a text and I will call you back. I don’t have voice mail.

In a message dated 8/24/2018 9:37:12 PM US Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

TOYS-R-US
August 25
Rodney

I do not see a revision tag on cover or on board. Does it have any special markings? while starting to look at charger found lower power fuse is blown. it is hard to read but looks like a 16amp.

The guy pulled them out before i came with my new ones to test the car. He did not have much info, its was his father-in-laws that has past away.

last 3 to 5 years.

you would like to share.

Thanks,

Adam

It’s probably original and not upgraded.

In a message dated 8/24/2018 9:37:12 PM US Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

TOYS-R-US
August 25
Rodney

last 3 to 5 years.

you would like to share.

Thanks,

Adam