2016 E4 High Voltage Conversion in SD

Having trouble finding the key switch wires? Two wire plug on steering column.

Okā€¦ give me a sec. Just threw dinner on the table.

Iā€™ll start with disconnecting everything charger-wise and then move to the key switch

These guys?

Thatā€™s the one that goes to the key switch right?

Did this really quickā€¦ No change. On to the key switch.

With all the confusion around the CAN speed, wonder if youā€™re onto something. I have the DVT software, just havenā€™t gotten around to loading it and playing with it. Maybe Iā€™ll do that tonight. Think the license registration process is manual so I probably wouldnā€™t hear back until Tues.

There is always the possibility that o screwed up.
No matter this issue, you will likely need to make adjustments to your throttle voltages. @djgabriel2004 knows the pan.
If you can get DVT running it would likely be beneficial.

We can work around any controller communication issues. I think.
If we get the controller relay to stay engaged, then the converter to stay powered, should run.
Unless we lose throttle 5v somewhere.

Simple on off from your aux battery. Start there.

Is your car running with same connections as @Erniea15 ?
Did you need to tie into switch?

Just to make sure Iā€™m following, do you want me to change the poles on the bus bar to constant power?

Yes same as @Erniea15

Ive got confused with the 2 key position, mine has OFF and ACC. Then it has like the cars for ā€œignitionā€ but this position is dumb (at least in mine)

In my case I connnected it to the switched side of the busbar that somehow is backwards (switched 12v on the drivers side. Ground in the middle and +12 constant on the passenger side of the bus bar)

Imo, connect it to the key. After testing key switch.

My car.

But seems like itā€™s backwards. In my case this is the 12v switched.

I think dave wants you to bypass the key as well.

Key act as a switch so one of the poles should be 12v constant. Right Dave?

Yes, connect controller relay coil to key switch. Then key will turn off controller.
The terminals do not come from the key.
Switched 12v terminal comes from dc converter and is controlled by vcm.
Charging the car turns this on also.

Okā€¦ let me dig in. Will take pics to make sure Iā€™m connecting the right things.

Installing DVT nowā€¦ was worried it was on a CD. That would have presented another problemā€¦USB drive thank goodness

If you donā€™t have a licence, dvt wonā€™t help.

I bought one from thunderstruck. Just need to go through their process of getting the key. Seems manual so I doubt Iā€™ll hear back until Tuesday

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying. Why do dvt now? Are we done for the night?

Oh noā€¦ was just doing while waiting for the responses.

Okā€¦ now that Iā€™m seeing itā€™s just 2 wires going in and it starts working in the ā€œstarter positionā€, thinking itā€™s the switch. How should I do this, figure out which is power after the key, cut it and run to the blue wire in the grey coil pair?

Psā€¦ I can tinker as last as youā€™re willing to stay up.

Are you sure switch isnā€™t working.
Donā€™t cut a wire. Run the blue to switched wire rather than to the terminal.
Tap into the key switch wire .
Did car run? Then switch is working.