2016 e4 - Build Plan?

You can send it to me, unless @Inwo has the extra time or want to check anything else.

I will PM you the address:

1 Like

I just thought of it too. Using the original contactor will need to be set to 48v.

I happen to have an extra orange 72v 400amp contactor sitting around. Just throwing it out thereā€¦ Better to change the contactor or the settings on the controller?

Better for us to change and keep the programs standard.
Easier for you to not change it.
I plan to use the 48v in mine. Itā€™s a simple line of programming.

Jumping on this, i was quietly following it. Iā€™m back to my home and almost ready to start.

I was planing to use a new contractor for my 25s battery but I just saw here that the sevcon can be programmed to use the 48v one? Maybe I got it wrong

Yes, but it needs to be programmed to correct voltage. Nice thing is that it has two settings.
Pull-in and hold. A dc coil will hold in at half voltage so setting it at say, 3/4 will keep coil cool.
Sevcon will not work with special economizer coils, as itā€™s built in.
Either of us can change it. Or anyone with a programmer.

Is this a high voltage conversion of a new Gem?
Are you aware of the rewiring needed? I donā€™t know where we left off.
We have not been using the Gem vcm or can. The throttle and direction signals need to be hard wired to the new sevcon.

I donā€™t want to use Earnieā€™s post to go deep into my build but yes, Iā€™ll convert my 2016 to a high voltage, Iā€™ve got the Sevcon and motor from you guys. You also sent me a board to plug and play but it will be for old gems. Wondering if you have something similar for 2016+ā€¦ Also got a quiet transmission from Rodney that Iā€™m planing to test too. (Like the one @MikeKC has right now)

Iā€™ve bought a hv solenoid.
I didnā€™t get to the of the wiring yet. I remember you told me the Throttle was going to be hard wired and not sure what else. I was planing to ask you when I reach that part.

1 Like

That stackable tray fits like a glove!

2 Likes