2016 e4 - Build Plan?

[quote="Inwo,

[/quote]

Montezuma about $150 Only.Montezuma Steel Single Storage Cabinet ( 10.62'' H x 36'' W x 14.25'' D) | Wayfair

If it will fit, I will order one to see how battery fits in.
Maybe the aluminum one too.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/36-Aluminum-Truck-Underbody-Tool-Box-Trailer-RV-Tool-Storage-Under-Bed-w-Lock/303381562544

Thanks @MikeKC

Now what do you guys think? Sounds like I’m cutting into the rear firewall. If it’s in the box, might look cleaner

Need to clear it with @MikeKC , but he measures 17" from shock to firewall.
Seems to me a 14w 11h box will fit right in. Not that you need a box, but may be easier than another splash guard.

Also bms and big charger will fit in the same box.

Oh nice… So get it in front of the shocks. Didn’t think about that.

Would be super clean if I could fit it all on there!

Standing by

I will see if I can make a template today to see how well it fits.

1 Like

OK, I don’t really have any material to make a template (did a trash run yesterday of course) but it will fit.
From the firewall back to the shock is 14.5" at the narrowest spot.
There is like 45" of width once you get inside the trunk (under the aluminum opening).
You have like 14" or more in height to work with so no problem there.
You will likely want to put a board or a metal plate or tray of some type under the batteries just to stabilize them across all the frame bars. You will also need to work around the brake lines some but should not be too bad.

Second option is to put the battery in at a 45 degree angle, I know it may sound odd but if you do that you have no issues at all - plenty of room. Again I would make a pan or small tray to set the batteries on.

Thanks for doing all this Mike. Sounds like it will fit. I think I’d rather keep it in front of the shocks and build (or have built - welding is a bit out of my skill range… although I’d love to learn one of these days) some type of battery tray.

How is the exiting battery tray in there? Is it screwed in or welded?

The existing battery tray is bolted in, I will come right out and you will be left with a nice flat area to work with.

1 Like

Yes, I removed the tray on my E2.
I could gain an inch if I was to redo the fire block foam end.

1 Like

MVC-015F

1 Like

Nice work Dave. That looks great!

1 Like

Finally finished. 22s Tesla3 with 450a Bluetooth bms and LCD.

Small on bms switch upper left of bms.
Two temperature sensors connected. One middle of pack and one on the series connection right end of battery.
Bezel on LCD for mounting in dash.
Two extra sensors in bag for ???

Love this bms!

4 Likes

Amazing Dave!!!. great job!!!

1 Like

Possibly fit on edge? 7" deep.
Only come 4’, so I cut one off. Only fitting for the cut Tesla. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now I need to build another one to sell. This one got too big and expensive, so I’ll have to keep it for myself. :frowning: Now 39" L x 15" W x 7" H
image MVC-017F
… Anderson B+

Damn that looks good!!! So we’re off by 1/2" on the width! :frowning:

I will measure again tonight but I swear that will fit in front of the shocks.

1 Like

Nice setup! I have been very happy with the 12:1 transmission. I am curious about the 8kw motor upgrade… who is the contact to get this done? Thanks!

@Dylan
Search the forum for AC Motor and AC Conversion - lots of info about the parts and process.
You can PM @Inwo or myself @MikeKC for details and pricing if needed.

2 Likes