2011 E6 SOC Question

I have this E6 that was without the 9-8Volt batteries. I installed 6 -8G31 Deka 12vdc Gels.
Charger profile shows 23 and I had not reprogrammed yet.
The SOC always shows 10% even after fully charged.
FS rebuilt the controller and reprogrammed it so the speed limit and regen was removed.
I had not checked the programming yet but will later today.
Is the voltage on the T4 set differently for the 8 volt set than 72 volts?
@Inwo @Old_Houseboater @

I’ve had some SOC issues on my 2007 e6 where I’ve had to calibrate the SOC setting. I’ve recently added 25s lithium Lifepo4 battery cells and had a similar experience when they first connected. A calibration adjustment did the trick.

The instructions for calibrating are searchable on the forum here and is straight forward to follow.

72 volts is 72 volts however you should pick the profile for 6 gel 95AH batteries. On older machines it was #14

In a message dated 6/2/2020 10:52:12 AM Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

Calibration for the SOC is done in the T4 ?

This is the newer Delta Q with e 12 vdc converter built in.
That’s when I seen the #23 profile and didn’t see that in the list of algorithms.
Any idea why the SOC never goes over 10% ?

The procedure to recalibrate the state of charge gauge can be found here:

1 Like

Does the console indicate that it is charging when the charger is plugged in?

No Power up of the SOC at all when charging? Wire missing?

Do you leave it chare until it shuts off? What is total voltage when it is fully charged? email me and i will send you the manual rodneyadiehl@aol.com

In a message dated 6/2/2020 12:10:13 PM Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

If all the wiring is correct the console display will indicate when the charge cord is connected to the car and if the charger is charging the batteries you’ll see the battery gauge cycle like it is filling and you’ll see a percentage of charge listed where the speed is normally displayed. If you do not see those things happening then I would say you need to check your wiring.

I’m running lithium cells and my old BMS was setup such that I wasn’t using the factory wiring to control the charger. As a result the console was not aware when charging was occurring and possibly when the charge cord was connected (can’t recall exactly). The result was my battery gauge always read empty. I would re-calibrate it to full after a charge and it would count down while driving but never back up while charging. After changing my BMS and utilizing the factory wiring to turn the charger on and off the gauge started reflecting the charge cycle properly. My battery gauge is not 100% accurate given I’m using 24 Bolt lithium cells but it’s still helpful.

1 Like

I will go measure it. But one thing is quirky about it is SOC does not turn on or display while charging

OK, full charge went to 97 vdc then off to 83 and down. Reading from controller.
Still no power of the SOC while charging and empty with key on.

I dont think the older gem’s show the charging on the display like the newer ones . Fully charge it and do a calibration .

Well I believe my 2005 E2, 2006 e2 my 2007 e4 and my 2008 e4 show charging on the SOC. It was the new replacement charger on the 2006 e2 that would display the charge in % above the 10 bar SOC.

Good to know . It has been a while since I have worked on an earlier one . I don’t remember ever seeing the % charge on earlier ones . Would be interested to know what reports the % ? Charger , Controller , new display ?

The guy I bought it from had a folder on everything ever done from the day he bought it. He sure got taken. In 12 years he replaced 2 sets of gels, the controller the brakes the charger all with 5k miles on it. I have 2 new DQ with dc to dc built in and was going to switch out the one on my limited e4.

Let us know if that changed the display

Here’s a pict of the upgrade Delta Q at the SOC on the 2006 E2

1 Like