2002 Used Gem Car issues

We bought a used 2002 4 seater and we have 2 minor issues so far.

1. The tail lights are out, but when you use the brake they work…

2. has a box heater, the fan works, but the heating element does not get hot.

Just need an idea of where to look.

Thanks

[QUOTE=;][/QUOTE]
nike shox r2 leather men gray, nike shox r2 leather women white blue, nike shox r2 leather women white pink black

[QUOTE=wkennedy74;8495]We bought a used 2002 4 seater and we have 2 minor issues so far.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Someone will come along and give you a better answer, but this is where I would start.

1. Check all the fuses to make sure none are blown. Otherwise you might need new bulbs for your taillights. Auto parts place has them. It could also be the switch on the break peddle that activates the lights is defective.
  2. The fan I believe runs off the 12V DC-DC converter but the heater core uses direct pack voltage and is controlled via a contactor. Check for a fuse going to the heater core. Also see if you can bypass the contactor to see if you then get heat. If so, then either the contactor is bad or something that activates the contactor is bad.

Good luck.

PS: You can download the GEM Service Manual from
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/NEVs/files/GEM%20manuals/
but you have to join the group first.

[QUOTE=wkennedy74;8495]We bought a used 2002 4 seater and we have 2 minor issues so far.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

New to the forum. Bought a used 2002 2 seater recently. There was a recall on the 2002 for the converter board. The failed board can cause various lights to go out. Take your car to a dealer or at least your vin number and have them verify whether or not the board has been replaced. Replacing the board cured my lighting issues but I am still trying to figure out issues with my heater. Didn’t think about it while at the dealer. Good Luck!

The fault related to the break lights is possible due to the loose connection of break lights just checks it and if so just fixed them.
And problem related to the heater is mostly due to the fault in the coil. just try replacing it,Sure your problem get solved.