2000 e2 charger issue

I have a 2000 e2. We come home after a month being out of town and I plugged the gem in. I noticed the led indicator on the steering wheel was not on or flashing. I pulled up the dash and noticed there were no lights at all on the Delta-q quiq charger. The cord we usually use is 12 awg 25 ft long. I tried a different cord (14 awg 75ft long). The led indicator was not flashing or on but the charger ac light was on and there was a solid light on the 3 bar indicator(III).
After about an hour, I checked it again, this time the ac light was on and there was a flashing light on the 3 bar indicator. I unplugged it and plugged it back in. This time the ac light was on and there was a flashing light on the 3 bar indicator and the red fault light was flashing in 5 blink intervals. I unplugged and waited about 30 minutes and plugged it back in, the ac light was on and a solid light was on the 5 bar indicator. I checked it 20 minutes later and the ac light was on and there was a flashing light on the 5 bar indicator. I guessing the original cord was bad and the smaller cord was causing the charger to overheat? any other suggestions?

I would check a few things to try and nail the issue down. Have you tested the original cord to be sure it was bad? Have you checked the error codes your getting against the charger manual? Have you checked the individual battery voltages to verify their status? I have used a variety of lengths of extension cords with no issues. I am guessing there is something else going on besides the cord.

[QUOTE=LuvMyTJ;13695]I would check a few things to try and nail the issue down. Have you tested the original cord to be sure it was bad? Have you checked the error codes your getting against the charger manual? Have you checked the individual battery voltages to verify their status? I have used a variety of lengths of extension cords with no issues. I am guessing there is something else going on besides the cord.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply LubMyTJ, the original cord was indeed bad. The red fault code light flashing in 5 blink intervals is an overheating condition according to the manual. The individual batteries are all over 12.5 volts (they are gel batteries by the way)

One more thing
I took the on board charge plug (where the extension cord plugs in) apart. I checked the male prongs to the lug screws that hold wires inside the plug for continuity with an ohm meter. The positive and negative were continuous but the ground was not. Could this be the problem?