1965 Ford Fairlane conversion?

I wanted to convert my classic ford and I have a few questions. I was looking at the netgain transwarp 9 with the slip yoke and was wondering if it would work if i hooked it directly to my differential in the rear and still reach highway speeds and above? also, if thats possible what would be a good controller for that unit? and if im using a diesel generator in the vehicle how would I hook that up to charge the batteries? like would I have to use a charger or hooked it up directly? any and all help is much appreciated. Thanks

[QUOTE=NewIdeaz;5077]I wanted to convert my classic ford and I have a few questions. I was looking at the netgain transwarp 9 with the slip yoke and was wondering if it would work if i hooked it directly to my differential in the rear and still reach highway speeds and above? also, if thats possible what would be a good controller for that unit? and if im using a diesel generator in the vehicle how would I hook that up to charge the batteries? like would I have to use a charger or hooked it up directly? any and all help is much appreciated. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Your problem would be on the low end getting started not on reaching highway speeds. You would need around 5.11:1 gears at the highest or your motor would never reach optimum RPM.

Most people would use only 2nd and 3rd gears on a 5 speed. This gives them about a 1.9:1 and about a 1.2:1 ratio. 4th gear will be 1:1 and most EVs don’t use it.

I would love to see someone try a transfer case from a GM with a 2:1 ratio. The trans-warp should slip right into the input.

so if i hooked it up to a transercase then the rear end it would work?

[QUOTE=NewIdeaz;5083]so if i hooked it up to a transercase then the rear end it would work?[/QUOTE]

I should work OK. The low range should take care of 0-50 and the high end would probably get you 100 mph+.

Keep in mind this still wouldn’t be the most efficient set-up. There is defiantly room for someone to and make a 2 or 3 speed transmission that would be lighter and more efficient.

what if I just hooked it up to my stock automatic transmission?