Starting project- need assistance please

hello ev-ers…
starting another project and this one i need some help with, please. the donor is a 1963 austin healy sprite. gross weight was 1328 pounds. she’s completely stripped, fresh paint went on her and now i need to do the convert. i am a fabricator, so making ANYTHING for it (metal, fiberglass, whatheveyou) isnt a problem. my problem is that i’ve no idea what i need to make her go. i’ve spoken with many “kit” companies, and they all seem to have varied responses. anywhere from a 72V system to a 144V system, and all manner of in between. what the hell? i want decent range (what the hell is decent, right?) (30?) i want decent acceleration, but my race car days are over. i dont want to replace axles because i spun them off. she’s a rear wheel drive, and the original tranny was ■■■■ anyway, so i was thinking of building a 2 speed tranny. or whatever. i simply need to know what i need, and how it hooks together. the placement, bracketry, accoutrement’s, i can fab, make, do, use, fix, mod and acquire as necessary. any aid is greatly appreciated. i also have a few tricks to share with people who help. :cool:
thanks for the aid. in portland oregon if you need a good fabricator, painter, etc.
rover

first off, what kind of load weight are you ok with using that will tell us how many batteries you can use and what size. then we should be able to lock down a voltage for ya.

what are my needs? 1328pounds curb weight (w/ engine, tranny, etc), would like to go 65 mph. i can get you drag coefficient if needed.
thx

[QUOTE=roverthetop;1233]what are my needs? 1328pounds curb weight (w/ engine, tranny, etc), would like to go 65 mph. i can get you drag coefficient if needed.
thx[/QUOTE]

no, i mean whats the cars MAX load weight (with everything in the trunk, motor, passengers, Ect.) that way you know how many batteries or how much weight in batteries/electrical components you’ll need.

For figuring out your range and such see http://www.evconvert.com/tools/evcalc/
I believe there is a sticky somewhere with this link, so forgive me if you’ve seen it.

It doesn’t include everything that’s out there as far as components, but should be able to give you a good idea. I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t be able to get a 30mi range and a top speed of 65mph, but this depends on batteries more than anything. However, getting a range of 30mi at 65mph is a little more difficult, unless you have a practically unlimited budget. :slight_smile: