12 volts from delta Q

I have 2015 -14 Gem E2, Turn key on and I have nothing Still have Delta Q installed with a Ride for fun charger, It was working fine any help would be appreciated Trojan T1275 batteries 18 months old

Need more input before SWAG can continue.

• How long ago was it last working fine? (day, week, Months?)

• What is the condition of your batteries?(aka- test them with a meter) Need a reading on each battery and the complete pack.

• When you have it plugged in to charge does it do anything different? (does the little charge icon on the dash appear?)

• If you drop the brake handle with key off does it “Beeeeeeeep”

• Main switch ON, Press on brake pedal. Do brake lights work?

• What was the reason for installing the R4F charger?

• Does your dog bite?

installed r4f charger six moths ago because delta q was not charging has been working since i installed it there is no 12 volt working brake lights do not working 74.7 volts total pack each battery is 12.4volts there is nothing on the dash how do you remove the large round fuses could the F 15 fuse be blown

Yikes! For want of a comma… (Applying filters)

• What is the condition of your batteries?(aka- test them with a meter) Need a reading on each battery and the complete pack.
    —>74.7 volts total pack each battery is 12.4volts

• When you have it plugged in to charge does it do anything different? (does the little charge icon on the dash appear?)
    —>there is nothing on the dash

• Main switch ON, Press on brake pedal. Do brake lights work?
    —>brake lights do not working

• What was the reason for installing the R4F charger?
    —>installed r4f charger six moths ago because delta q was not charging has been working since i installed it

Ok, now that we are sorted out a bit better, I see that you missed a couple of Q’s
(and added a few more)

• How long ago was it last working fine? (yesterday, last week, couple of months?)

• Have you been doing any other work on it lately?

• If you drop the brake handle with key off does it “Beeeeeeeep”

First SWAG suggestion:

• Check the Input Voltage at the old DQ charger to see if you have +74.7 going INTO it.

• Check the outputs of the old DQ Charger to see if you have 12vdc coming OUT of it.

• Does your dog bite?
    I have no dog in this hunt. Best I can do is a cranky 14y/o overweight cat with sharp claws.

working fine 3 days ago
have not been working on it
no beeeeeeep
dc to dc converter harness 28 volts from both white to neg, 28v from red to neg, 28v from black to neg,0 volts from green to neg
not Shure where to check for 74v going into DQ

Monsieur, that is not my dog…

Thanks,
This is much easier to read.

This statement needs a bit more explanation.

dc to dc converter harness 28 volts from both white to neg, 28v from red to neg, 28v from black to neg,0 volts from green to neg

Those numbers (if accurate) are a bit concerning(28v is quite high).
You refer to a “neg” you are using for reference in your tests.
What is that? - Frame(chassis Gnd)?
Were you doing this with car harness plugged into the charger?

Just to make sure we are all on the same page, let us review…

Looking at the DC output cable from the DQ, probe from Black to Red directly.
If you still have the Anderson connector cube/cluster attached, the green wire goes into the back of Blue connector. This is the enable wire that comes from the Key. Applying 12v on this wire should switch on the output of the white wire (ref Black wire).

Not to be confused with the Input cable to the DQ. That is usually a bigger connection and bigger wires. Measure between the Red and Black (NOT FRAME) and hopefully you should have better than 72v.

Knowing this-

• Do you still have 24v on the outputs if the DC Converter?

• What do you have on the B+ Inputs of the QC?

• Is your meter on the correct setting? (verify by taking a reading off a battery again)

this is a 2014-15 e2 plug from DQ has 5 pins if I use black as neg there is no voltage on any pin
my original readings where neg battery to these pins
if I applied 12 volts to black and red then plug it into its location do you think things would work

Too many suggestions at a time?

• What do you have on the INPUT of the Charger? (The other black and red wires?)
    Do you have the green plug in the picture?
1 Like

this is a 2014-15 e2 plug from DQ has 5 pins

Are you saying you have this plug connecting your DQ to the car?

if I use black as neg there is no voltage on any pin

Are you testing the car harness and getting 0?
-or-
The tail coming out of the DQ and getting 0?

1 Like

we are on the same page now tail coming out of DQ

OK-
How about the input? Did you test that for V?

that would between witch terminals

Do you have another set of red and black wires going into the DQ?
Normally they are in a big green plug like I posted in the pic above.

green plug is not used interlock is for r4f charger been that way for 6 months

Do you have any more wires going to your DQ?
Are they red and black.

red goes to main positive by main breaker, white goes to orange with blue tracer

Do you know how to post a pic of the wires that come out of your charger?

no red and black are in plug with 2 white and green