07 dash display?

Ok after charging gem car I was gonna move it to carport and after unplugging it the display stayed lit up like it was still charging? I turned main breaker off for a few mins and still would go off? Even when I left it on the keyswitch made no difference so I left it over nite and just went out to try again and when I turned breaker back on it shows like it is still charging ? I mean that the plug in icon and battery meter is showing but it’s not plugged in but When i put key in and switch it on it won’t go in gear and handbrake lite is not lit either ??

Anybody have an idea?

It sounds like it still thinks it is charging. Have you tried plugging it in and listening for the small noise it it makes when the charger turns on? It would again make a small noise (click) when you unplug it, after a few seconds. I would try that sequence several times. It sounds as though a relay of some sorts is stuck in the charger. Butt, I’m just guessing. Barry.

Shut off main switch for 30 seconds Controller might reset.

Rodney

I,shut it off over nite and it still does same thing and I tried shutting it down a couple more times today and it still does it? It looks just like its charging but it’s not plugged up

When plugged in and after charging, what do the lights on the side of the charger say?

They gone through a sequence like always but it has never completed because the red error light flashes 2times but it has done this since I’ve had it

But the dash gauge says fully charged and I’ve been able to go over 14 miles and would have 3 green bars left

If the red light is flashing the charger never finished its charge. Even though the dash light bars normally go off after it thinks the charging is done it may not have a proper complete charge. Unless you looked at the lights on the side of the charger after each charge you probably didn’t really notice that there has been a problem for awhile. The short range, the turtle, is partially at fault of the short charge. Now I am still guessing why the dash screen is still lit up but every thing should turn off if the master switch is turned off. I think you have a bad battery somewhere. Most problems start with the batteries. Try charging all of the batteries individually with a separate battery charger. Try to drive it after you accurately measure the batteries charge. See if the dash gauge has turned off. If the turtle shows up, and it probably will, you at a minimum have a bad battery. Measure the batteries again and look for the discrepancies in the charges. If 1 or 2 show low they may have shorts in them, only evident after use stress. If nothing works don’t take it to Polaris because they absolutely don’t know anything and they will make it worse. Someone on the forum will have an answer.:turtle:. Barry

When I say the main switch I’m talking the main power switch on the cart. The controller drives the cart display.

The light indicators on the Delta Q is a seperate entity and monitor charger operation.

1 disconnect the charger + cable from the cart.terminal

2 Turn off the main power switch on the cart for a couple of minutes

3 Turn the main switch back on

If it doesnt clear you probably have controller problems - BOHICA

Buy him some new Hot Fries and do what he says. I told you someone smart would answer you. Barry🙌

Houseboater that’s what I’ve been doing is cutting off the main switch on the dash and I’ve tried that a number of times but when u turn switch back on the display lights back up as if it was charging with the plug in icon and green bars ?

Yes everything turns off with master switch is off and I let it sit for awhile or over nite and when I switch it back on the display on dash lights up with the plug in icon and green bars as it it was plugged in to charge but it’s not

Did you disconnect the positive wire coming from the charger?

Maybe Rodney knows what the “charger interlock” is.

The charger interlock is a normally closed switch in the charger that opens when charging to prevent cart operation. I didn’t think of that.

Pull the 2 charger interlock wires and jump them and see if that helps your problem.

Thanks for the heads up. INWO

No I haven’t removed any wires. Where are the interlock wires located?

[quote=OLD HOUSEBOATER;27122]The charger interlock is a normally closed switch in the charger that opens when charging to prevent cart operation. I didn’t think of that.

Pull the 2 charger interlock wires and jump them and see if that helps your problem.

Thanks for the heads up. INWO[/quote]

Did you look at the abbreviated diagram?
The box marked “interlock” might be a relay.
Between charger and indicator light.

Your advice still stands! :wink:

There should be 2 small wires coming out of the charger on a plug.

I’ll check it this weekend. With the rain. And having to work I can’t do it till then