07 dash display?

Gene

What year is your car? My comments have been aimed toward pre 2005 cars. Your comments and Inwo make me realize it is the later model. Early models had a directly switched interlock circuit as in the pictures below. Newer models have an interlock signal from the charger to the 'CHARGER INTERLOCK" in the circuit as pictured by Inwo. I havent had any experience withe these so anything I can offer would be speculation at this point. However I think this area could be part of your problem

I have a Zivan Charger Pictures are of my connections.

Rodney

http://s108.photobucket.com/user/user973783/media/HPIM1525_zpsxltxjp4u.jpg.html]

http://s108.photobucket.com/user/user973783/media/HPIM1526_zpsl2pccggo.jpg.html]

Lets see if were all on the same page

The display shows charging when the charger is unplugged

The car wont go

If so find the Switch Key Relay in Inwo’s diagram and see if you have any power to the coil in the run mode.

If no I think were on the right track.

Trace the relay coil wire back to the CHARGER INTERLOCK. Is this a physical relay or a potted device? What color are the wires I’m guessing red,green, blue , and black

[quote=OLD HOUSEBOATER;27192]Lets see if were all on the same page

The display shows charging when the charger is unplugged

The car wont go

If so find the Switch Key Relay in Inwo’s diagram and see if you have any power to the coil in the run mode.

If no I think were on the right track.

Trace the relay coil wire back to the CHARGER INTERLOCK. Is this a physical relay or a potted device? What color are the wires I’m guessing red,green, blue , and black[/quote]
Yes same page and I’m gonna look at it asap thanks for help and yes it’s a 07

Ok I got it fixed. A green wire coming in from charger had come unplugged so it works now thanks to everybody’s help. Worst part was taking dash apart to trace down the wire lol

gene,

you really should check your batteries . if you have bad cell in one it well overstress the others and shorten their life . the deltaq well do an equalization charge on gels at the end . it well temperaroly take each gel battery to 16v. if you have a bad cell it well distribute that voltage to the other cells , not good . check each battery when the charge is on the lower side . you well probably find one that is inconsistent with the others

A few months back I charged each battery separate and the charger I had went to full charge on each one. It was a genius smart charger and my delta q was still doing the error thing then

your genius charger wont do a 16v equalization charge . I’ve seen this happen before on deltaq’s . they get thru the cc phase , then the cv phase . but when it goes to balance charge , one battery wont come up high enough and it cant complete . hence the error. you don’t have to do anything . it’s just a possible warning sign that you have a single battery that is not playing well with others .

Ok thank you

Give it a shot on the flooded algorithm.

Rodney, this is an old (antique?) post, but…You have mentionedbefore using the FLA algorithm for AGM batteries…is this #13 or #32?

At the I wrote that it was 13. If you have a 32 available you may well have an AGM specific algorithm available.

In a message dated 4/6/2020 6:51:54 PM Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

Thanks for your reply.
I dont know if 32 is an option on my charger-I saw it on the DQ website.

I am having the exact same issue. Could you please tell me exactly where you located the green wire. Thank you so much!

Help, I am having the same issue! Thank you

You have to take dash apart and find the wires that come from the delta q charger

I did that and the green wires are plugged in and still the charging icon is lit on the dash and the car won’t move because it thinks it’s still plugged in.

maybe fuse has blow inside your charger
test if you have 72v+ on your green cable from charger

2 Likes