ZIVAN Charger beeping (High then low) when I plug in charger and light on dash blinks

Install that DIN Plug back into it’s home and retrieve the other part of this puzzle needed.

The chart jrj provided (above) shows there are color codes associated with that audible warning beep.

What color was it blinking?

It is blinking yellow. I unplugged the DIN connector and charged the batteries. Now that the batteries are charged the immediate problem is patched. With the batteries charged I can reconnect the DIN plug until I replace the sensor or until I need to charge the batteries again, whichever comes first. The sensor looks about how you’d expect something that has been rolling around the battery box for nearly 20 years to look.

Since you aren’t really using the temp sensor you could try cutting it off and wiring in a 10k resistor in it’s place.
That should keep the charger happy.

That’s the sort of thing that I might consider if I even knew what it meant. My level of comprehension is near zero. Meanwhile I have ordered a new assembly through Electric Conversions ($58 plus tax and shipping).

1 Like

Ah, That’ll work too.
Sometimes the gang here will go all techy-geek assuming the other person also knows of such voodoo and magical things.
If you would like to learn, feel free to ask. If it is just beyond your skill set and you are fine with that, it is OK too. We just figure out another path to your solution.

If you want to see how complicated that temp sensor is then have a look at what I found and how I fixed my 2002 when the same thing happened.

Yeah, but you know which end of a soldering iron to lick…

Try licking one end and if it feels good you hold that end. 50/50 and away you go.

Yeah, but the one that stings a bit tastes better.