Wheego Whip LSV

Adam sorry to see therapy isn’t working.

Gabe, 32s would work well. You can cascade bms’s for 32s.

I do not believe you can!
Jk balance yes, bms no. Use Ant-32 . IMO A good reason not to use LFP. 32s max for our proven low cost bms options.

Lfp or more than 10kw is needlessly heavy unless needing mor tehan 50 mile range.
LFP are are poor choice for EV but will certainly work.

Dave, thanks for the clarity, I know some of the higher end bms’s can cascade. Incorrectly assumed the JK could since their balancers do. It is not something I would want to do, worth just spending more on a single bms.

Michael, I know, I know… Therapy is expensive. Have you seen the cost of bullets, napalm and rocket fuel these days?

Lithium isn’t just for Gems.

1 Like

I don’t have this set up as I have a LSV, not the LiFe model. Looking to extend distance, more than the 20 miles the 12 8v wet lead batteries provide.

This is a good choice IMO

How many of these to support the 96v that is provided by the current 12 8v battery set up?

Huge space to accommodate set up.
28 cells
28x 3.65= 102v nominal
Use more if you like.

:crazy_face: :rofl: .

Can you verify part#? Interstate shows an 8v-vhd or a 6v-xhd but nut an 8v xhd. Which exact batteries did you buy?

See attached photo.

Cheap but 720lb of lead to be hauling around.
See if you can find the specs. Say a more realistic ah rate of 5 hrs. 36amp rate.
A 4:1 advantage seems about right compared to SDI 94ah. Would give you twice the miles.

Im curious Do they let you return the batteries you just bought?

Nope, I’ll keep them and either resale or find another use.

So you bought batteries already?
Why all the questions now?

Because that’s how wheego!

3 Likes

Bought lead batteries to evaluate the vehicle, as it was sitting for over a decade I didn’t want to dive into Lithium set up and find out the vehicle was toast. Granted it has 178 miles on it, but you never know.

A small investment to evaluate, then ask some questions and work toward correct lithium set up.

The Wheego has AC that takes a large amount of power from the batteries when operating, plus driving at night with lights, and I would like to get a solid 50-75 miles per charge (100% down to 60% charge level). Then figure out if the Curtis 1238 will handle the changed set up, and what needs to be done to the Delta Q charger to support the new battery set up.

Small cost for the set of 12 batteries (8v), plus there is another 12v battery under the hood that has to be considered to support, as the 12v battery is charged by the 96v lead battery pack.

I am not the brightest on the battery stuff, so I will have to learn, from the group.

Ac motors are not current hogs. On the contrary, very efficient.
Curtis won’t care if it’s lead or lithium, nor will the dq charger.
Ideally reprogram it for the correct lithium profile. Not needed with standard voltage battery as I suggest.
Lithium batteries are much more forgiving about care and feeding. All protected by bms.

3 Likes

Update to progress: Tesla Model S batteries “rough” install completed, water tight battery box being built to accommodate. 12 8v lead batteries @ 870lbs going out, 5 22.5v @ 325lbs packs going in. Orion 2 BMS w/BT.

Going smooth.

2 Likes