What Gel Batteries for 2002 E825?

My PO installed Trojan T1275 lead acid batteries and, although they have worked adequately, they are getting long in the tooth and are not holding a charge like they used to. I think it is time to put in new batteries and I am thinking I want to put in gel cells like the original equipment. What gel batteries can I buy that would be like the original batteries. In particular, I would like the original battery hold down bars to fit, which will not with the Trojan batteries. Also, if anyone has a suggestion where to buy the batteries (I am in the Dallas Texas area), that information would be appreciated.

Ross

T1275 are 150 AH batteries. GEL’s are 95 AH so you wont get the range.

The Gell or AGM battery’s your asking about are Deka battery’s Group 31 sorry I forgot the exact Deka Modle # but the 8G31 looks like the factory Battey 108 amp hrs each

I didn’t realize the Trojan’s were higher amp hour rated. I thought they were just a less expensive alternative than the gel batteries. Maybe I should put Trojans back in since I have the battery watering system for them and they hold more charge.

I’ve read every thread I can find on the subject of Battery recomendations for the 2002 e825, mine is a 4 seater 72 Volt, that already has the Deka Dominator 8g31 gel batteries installed, that I see are the recmended on this forum above. They’re ready to be replaced now, they no longer hold charge.

My question now is that I can’t find them anywhere. The recommendation to purchase them from NAPA as battery PN 8272 is a different version of the Deka than everyone suggests, and that I uave installed now.

What they currently sell or at least only have in stock in Utah, is the Deka 8g31 Commercial and Marine A Gel, not the Dominator. The big difference is see is tht this has 550 cca and the ones I have are 485 cca, I don’t see any amp hour rating on the NAPA site… stopping by the NAPA store, they recommended to me the 8141, which is an AGM battery, and I think I recall issues with the chargers on my 2002 with AGM, maybe I’m wrong on that and it would be fine?

The other question wpuld be that what I find online for the Deka 8g31 but its now called a solar bttery and not the domintor, but the specs I cam find on it seem to be closer than the NAPA equivalent. I just don’t have any local retailers that carry that battery, and I’d like to avoid shipping charges… if that is the same battery under a new name, then I’d just go ahead and do that.

So I was just wondering if anyone can confirm for me if this Battery will cause any long term issues for the e825? I assume it will be fine, but I don’t know enough about batteries in general, or these vehicles to be sure.

Any help or advice is appreciated… attached an image of the battery if it helps.