Are these Gel Batteries?

I hate to be ignorant, but I need new batteries for my 2002 Gem E825 4 seater. These look like Gel to me but I don’t have much details on what the previous owner did. They are Gem brand if that means anything.

If these are Gels any recommended replacement batteries, and suppliers? I’m thinking it has other problems but I want to get new batteries first.

As an FYI, it won’t charge so I tried charging each battery individually. My charger said they were all bad.

Thanks!

I’m in the same boat as you in knowledge… but I think since there are no filler caps that these are gel batteries… I’m sure someone else will tell you for sure… there are no labels… on the top…sides or a sticker… I just replaced the original batteries in my 05…they had stickers that showed what they were… I replaced mine with Trojan T-31 AGM… I shopped them and the best price in my area was $250 per battery an extra $100 and got the installed by a mobile golf cart repair guy

Bob

The batteries pictured are group the 31 GEL battery made by Deka and marketed by GEM. If AGM or some other type are substituted, the charging profile must be changed.

Daniel

[QUOTE=GEMmechanic;11106]The batteries pictured are group the 31 GEL battery made by Deka and marketed by GEM. If AGM or some other type are substituted, the charging profile must be changed.

Daniel[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Any thoughts on the best replacement batteries? It looks like Trojan makes a 31-AGM and a 31-GEL. The Gel is a little more money but I’ve read that AGMs are a little more forgiving relative to charging/discharging.

Given that I’m looking at roughly $1500 for the 6 batteries I want to make sure I get the best thing for my money.

I got a quote for $200 for Trojan T-31 Gel vs about $170 for the T-31 AGM. It has Gel in it now so I wouldn’t have to reprogram.

My deciding factor is really which ones will last longer, offer better performance and possibly be a little more forgiving. Anyone have an opinion which way to go?