Welcome to EV Forum

I was ready to call you spoiled when I saw “island in the Bahamas”. I live in Ohio, and we have had snow, and 70 degree spring days twice in the same week. But no Taco Bell? You sir, have my sympathy. You will never know the sensation of sinking your teeth into a siracha chicken burrito (a limited time engagement). :bounce:

Welcome to the forum!!

Hello Friends, This is Kapil staying in New Delhi India. I own the indian version Reva-i for past nearly 8 years. Unfortunately, I never came to know about this forum till recently. But as they say, it’s never too late to join a community of friends. Wish you all happy time.

Dear all,
I am a PHD student doing a research related with EV´s noise and vibrations. I would like tu request your help answering a questionnaire. it only takes you five minutes.

What is your opinion about road traffic noise? Do you think that the Electric vehicles are the solution?

Please, tell us your opinion. If you continue interested please contact Cristina at C.Mora-Rodriguez@lboro.ac.uk and I send you a questionnaire in order to obtein more information for my research.

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Cristina Mora

Hi All,
We are new to the Gem Family,

We just received our Custom 2002 GEM from Dustin at Innovation Motorsports in Arizona. Can’t wait to post pictures.

We have been waiting years to do this and figured might as well go custom.

We are glad to be a part of this forum for help with any issues and hopefully can help others.

Tim & Paula

Glad to have you aboard you can post pictures after 5 posts

Rodney

Thanks Rodney,
Is there a forum to post bragging pics?

Hello everyone, I am new this forum and I read and follow all instructions carefully. Thanks

Welcome to the group.

Rodney

Hello.
I am in the processing of purchasing a 2002 Gem cart and was researching information about Gem carts. I stumbled upon this forum, and “wow, what a find”. Lots of information.

Welcome,
This is a great place. I have been here less than a month and have received so much help with my questions.
I have just received my 2002 e825 that had a frame up resto done.
The people here are great for any help,
Tim

Welcome to the forum Venicehaircraft and Firemickey, I hope you find it useful and informative.

Regards,

Mark

Hi all,

Found the forum a couple of day ago. Interesting stuff posted here.

Considering getting a GEM Car to use when running errands on our mountain property.

Welcome to the group. You will love it.

Rodney

Hello and a big thanks to all who helped create this group and that share of their time and knowledge to help others!
My name is Mike and I have owned electric carts in the past and am hoping to acquire another soon. I live in South Carolina and enjoy the outdoors,tinkering around with just about anything and am a licensed Amateur Radio operator(Ham Radio). I have always enjoyed electricity/electronics and have been blessed to find work in these fields as well.
I visited this forum several times before signing up and am so glad I did. I am currently working on a Ruff and Tuff Hunter 4x4 and found this forum to be awesome with help/advice since as we all know,info on these buggies is just about made of “unobtanium”.
Thanks for letting me in and hope to be of help to someone along the way as I have been blessed with help so far!
Thanks again,
Mike

Hello, I just picked up this Gem Car and it needs alot of work so I will be using the forum for a lot information, thanks in advance!

Greetings, I am seriously looking at buying a GEM electric car. I live in a small community in British Columbia, Canada and only a couple of weeks ago, our provincial government announced that our town was one of two communities that will be allowed low speed vehicles like golf carts on the road as a pilot project. Typical government craziness, they restrict the carts to 30kmh (about 18mph) and want to slow all traffic to the same speed in the areas allowed by the carts…

Hi. Just got a 2002 GEM E825. No joy so far. Windshield blew out when trailering home. Found replacement and replacement rubber on eBay, no luck on instructions yet.

Batteries are Odyssey pc1700 dated 4/16. However, there seems to be a drain as I couldn’t get charged past 90%, then they fell to 15% and are too low to charge with on board charger. Per online owner manual I am currently charging individually with my old auto charger. Looks like I will be a regular on here :frowning: for a while.

Oh, and thanks to OLD HOUSEBOAT GUY for a rapid response on a service manual!!

Hello, new guy here…

My main EV is a Energica Ego motorcycle. I also have a onewheel board, zboard, and two segways…

glad to say hello

Mike, Today’s EVs use AC motors and controller that are very efficient and can do great REGEN. The batteries are connected for higher voltages so the wiring can be smaller gauge. The biggest progress is the batteries.