Welcome to EV Forum

Just signed up. Looking forward to learning more about EV Forum.
Enjoying very much so far.

Hi joining from the UK, Joe

Welcome to the new users.

Thatā€™s fine. I am from Asia.

Hi,
I have had a 2002 GEM long bed since new.
Unfortunately I only racked up less than 100 miles on it before being pulled over for being on a 45 mph road.
I then realized that almost everywhere that I would ever need to go with it would have a road with a speed limit of at least 45mph, so stowed it away in a comfy barn until now.
It did get some sort of service update work something like a decade ago, but since the batteries were down at the time, I have no proof that it was carried out successfully.
I topped off the batteries and individually charged each one with a 40 amp charger for about 3 hours each.
That brought the average voltage the batteries to about 11.5 V. I then plugged in the onboard charger.
It made a happy single beep tone and showed a small red light on the dashboard. It was also accompanied by the sound of a small cooling fan, presumably to assist the onboard charger.
I left that on for a few hours and tried the key.
Other than a beeping alarm to remind to take off the parking brake, absolutely nothing else happened.
None of the accessories such as light wiper or horn worked at all, and nothing happens when you tap the pedal in forward or reverse, with foot on foot brake or not.
Now there is a continuous beeping with the key turned and parking brake off except in turf mode where it remains silent, but still nothing works.

I know that the batteries are ancient, but I did get them up to about 11.5 volts, and the onboard charger seemed to recognize their being in circuit. I checked all the fuses on the front side of the passenger side firewall, and looked for some more under the passenger side dash, but found none there.
Oh yeah, I did turn the underseat switch connecting the battery pack to the rest of the vehicleā€™s electric system, but still not even a glow of the headlights with more than enough charge in the batteries to do a lot more than that.
HELP!, and a manual would be nice.
Thanks

I just wrapped up a rebuild on my favorite 2002 gem car. Now I can start working on the other five. https://youtu.be/lEvF20i7wpU

Hello all.
I am researching the possibilities of converting my 1973 Riverqueen house boat to electric motors. It is currently powered by twin 225 hp chryslers with Dana out drives. There is no power at my slip so I will also need to recharge with solar. I already have 600 watts of solar panels for house power but will need add more for this project if it looks feasible.

thank you i hope i can learn some new stuff and share what i do know

Greetings,
Just logged onā€¦ Weā€™re in the process of building our second solar powered electric paddlewheel boat (on which, I might note, we live full time). Delighted to be here.

Don

Hi Bob, Iā€™m Bob also and I have a 2001 e825 I bought used about 10 years ago. Just use it around home and it now has 1057 miles> Never had any major trouble just stuck rear brakes after sitting for a while in winter. I started looking for electric diagrams after my charger failed and the control board had a meltdown and found this form. I hope I can find some help locating diagrams and parts for my GEM so I can get it back on the road.

Thanks for the welcoming msg, this is sam here hoping to enjoy and looking for good information on electric vehicle.

Hello All,

My name is Josh and I recently purchased an Xtreme Green XForce off the City of Chicago. It meets LSV requirements and I plan to have it registered as such in IL. After taking ownership of it I found it has a couple of errors that Iā€™m trying to sort out but unfortunately do not have any kind of manual with it. Iā€™m mechanically inclined but EVs are a whole other breed, so Iā€™ll be relying greatly on the minds within this forum for help. Excited to get started on this and learn some new skills.

PD5805FR

Hi Bob, I have a build you might like. No steering wheel, joystick only, computer driven with 8 buttons.At
electricevette.com

Hello
My name is Cliff B
Where do I go to post something?

Hey all!

I live in a campervan full time out in CA, and I love it! Buuut, I need more spaceā€¦

Iā€™m trying to get my hands on a Smith Newton or an International Estar to move into, and am looking to get in touch with the electric car community to answer some questions Iā€™ll have along the way.

Thanks! And Iā€™ll see you all around :slight_smile:

Hi and thanks for adding me.
I run a small engineering shop in Fiji.
Way down here in the South Pacific.
Anyways a friend bought in his r&t four wheel drive cart that runs fine but the suspension is in terrible condition.
I am thinking all the components are made from Chinesium.
Where can i get hold of a parts diagram and a supplier that will ship to Fiji ?
Appreciate any help i can get

Hi, Iā€™m Pete. I really want to run my carpentry business with an electric vehicle, so i have joined this forum to learn more about them. Could someone explain to me how to create a new post. I keep looking and looking and donā€™t see it anywhere.

From the main page (accessible by clicking the gas pump in the upper left corner) or any forum topic list page, on the far right towards the top, there is a gray ā€œ+ New Topicā€ button.

You might need to have a few more posts / replies in threads before it shows up. I donā€™t know exactly how the software is configured.

Thanks for making this informative forum.

Thank you Bob, Just purchased a 2009E4 and have an issue with turn signals reversed on steering column. Had the rear painted and they reversed them somehow. I will frequent your site regularly just to learn more about them. Love it so far.