Welcome to EV Forum

Hi,

Just became a member and wanted to say hi.

I’m currently building an EV from scratch. I am researching and designing the frame, suspension, drivetrain, etc. etc. the whole nine yards.

I have the frame and body built. I am waiting for funds to finish the project. While I’m waiting I will be surfing forums looking at other builds.

I’m a certified electrical and electronic technician.

Mike, Thanks for the welcome. Hope to learn something here. I have a 02 Ford think, since Nov.of 2012. Had a few Battery problems, but all seem well now. Replaced the original Motocraft (Deka) with Enterstates. Can not believe the Dekas last that long

Hello Bob and members. After considering EVs for several years, I finally purchased my first, a 2005 GEM eL. It will take some work to get it running but I am excited to take the plunge. I am still waiting for a production highway small truck EV.

Jonathan

Hi
I am a new member interested in E bikes and E motorcycles. I have built several E bikes and I’m designing a leaning enclosed hybrid motorcycle. I wrote an Electric Bike Maintenance Manual that is used by LEVA for E Tech certification.
Don Gerhardt

Welcome Don

There are a few of us here that will be happy to pick your brain, After you make 5 posts you are allowed to post pictures. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

Rodney

Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to membership to your forum. .
My interest is electric golf carts. I have a 48 volt cart and am looking into buying a “Battery Minder” to plug in during long term idle periods.
Also, some here are converting to lithium ion battery conversion. Not sure this is cost effective yet.
Any help appreciated.

Welcome Don & Wek… glad you guys could join us!

Hello,
My name is Nikolai and I am an electric car “nut”. My Ev is a 1972 RHD Japanese Honda N360 which we completely rebuilt. I am new to this group but would like to be more involved now that I have time away from the shop. I am working towards creating EV JDM replica Car Kits. Being that we now have the ability to reproduce our framing as well as the actual body of my car. A big scale model so to speak and true plug and play simplicity. If supported by others, I will move forward. Is this crazy or something to go for? Let me know what you feel. Your Input will help decide. It is up to us to push forward. The “big guys” are too dependant on “big oil” investors. They will never release anything decent, they cannot. If not the people, it won’t happen. DIY.

[quote=EvForum;1]I just wanted to be the first one to personally welcome you to the new EV Forum (electric vehicle forum). We want to give all of us Electric Vehicle Enthusiasts a place to talk, EV passion and share current EV News.

Please join me and other fellow EV Enthusiasts worldwide to make a change for the better. The key to change is community, knowledge (education) and the conscious decision to take action.

I thank you in advance for you comments and posts.

Bob
EV Forum Admin[/quote]

Hi Bob,
I have been looking at EV’s for several months and have ordered an Audi A3 Etron in the UK, waiting time 20 weeks.??
I have applied thru OLEV for a home charge point and had this installed last week, giving a higher charge rate of 7.2Kw (32 amp) unit, with a 6m lead and a tethered plug.
However, after bringing a demo A3 Etron out for test, Audi told me that I CANNOT plug my supplied plug into the car, as it will invalidate my warranty!!!
I can only use the supplied Audi plugs, which requires me to have a 32 amp socket at home, to make use of the 2 hour charge routine.
All other domestic charge units that I have seen also have a tethered plug and not a socket.
Surely Audi UK need to change their stance here??

Rgds
Ken

[quote=OLD HOUSEBOATER;22806]Welcome Don

There are a few of us here that will be happy to pick your brain, After you make 5 posts you are allowed to post pictures. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

Rodney[/quote]

I bought the 2013 ford focus electric,It uses more electric when it’s -5 out but it always starts,i have had it since mat and have put 11000 miles on it.

[quote=Nikolai360;23015]Hello,
My name is Nikolai and I am an electric car “nut”. My Ev is a 1972 RHD Japanese Honda N360 which we completely rebuilt. [/quote]

WOW! I would love to see it. After a couple more posts, you should come back and post a photo of it. I just looked up a picture of that model car, and it resembles the early Mini’s. Very cool!!

New to the site, but long-time EV enthusiast. Learn anything and everything about EV and EV company in California. Nice to connect!

Welcome, Glad you joined us.

Hi My name is Michael and I am a San Jose State Honors student. My group and I are very excited to join this forum. We are very interested in acting socially responsible, and we are interested in learning and spreading information about the EV market. We hope to get good insight into what is important to EV drivers, and maybe some issues surrounding the EV market from this forum. I would love to purchase an EV of my own one day, right now the only EV in the household is my father’s Chevy Volt. Our goal as future business people is to make the EV a staple in every household.

Welcome we are really glad to have a group with your goals as members. There is a lot of reading here. Spend a few hours and get a feel for whats happening now.

We have people and expertice ranging from hobby level to R+D, Manufacturing and beyond.

What I hear most is, “I would buy an electric car if I could afford it”. If you ask me, electric cars can easily be affordable!! Just take a look at Europe or China. Part of making electric cars work should be looking at where we are failing in making them affordable to young buyers.

Does anyone know how I could post a survey about EVs and the EV market. I am attempting to gather data for a honors project I am doing. My goal is to gather data and share it to individuals who do not drive EVs in an attempt to sway their thinking. Ultimately I would like everyone to drive EVs and for the world to become more healthy.

Do you think anyone would be willing to take a short 5 min survey like this?

Thank you for your response! My group and I developed a short survey to gather user data. Do you think anyone would be willing to take a short 5 min survey? And if so, do you know how I would be able to post a URL link to it? If not this site, any other sites?

For my honors group to be successful we really need to get responses to our survey

https://sjsu.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_cZnGM9Q9keeLq73

Hello. I am Jeffrey. New to this group. I have a 2002 Gem Car with probably 1 yr left on Trojan batteries. I am in LA, CA. I would like to convert to LITHIUM batteries within the next year. Anybody who has done this already, I would appreciate any help. I believe I have the non-user programmable Zivan Charger. ANY INFO/HELP APPRECIATED! Though, I cannot figure out why messaging has been disabled. I don’t think I did anything wrong…but, I cannot check messages.

I am a new member and just discovered this forum. What a treasure chest of information. I live on a small primitive island in the Bahamas. No bank, no ATM, no Taco Bell, no electrician and NO real mechanic. I have an '02 GEM 825, tools and a service manual. Sometimes my mechanical skills and knowledge are not enough to sort out the mysteries of my GEM. Thanks to all of you participants for sharing your knowledge and experiences with those of us less fortunate. TS