Welcome to EV Forum

Hi I posted a reply. Why did it disappear? Is this a pre-censored forum. Proactive? It’s your world. When you step out of it, you get stomped, just like in high school. Thought you found a way to be you, but censorship isn’t going to save you.

GREETINGS! I just signed up on this forum and looking to see good reviews on EVs. I currently drive Mitsubishi i-MiEV.

Thanks a lot in advance I am looking forward to great discussions about EVs here.

QUOTE=EvForum;1]I just wanted to be the first one to personally welcome you to the new EV Forum (electric vehicle forum). We want to give all of us Electric Vehicle Enthusiasts a place to talk, EV passion and share current EV News.

Please join me and other fellow EV Enthusiasts worldwide to make a change for the better. The key to change is community, knowledge (education) and the conscious decision to take action.

I thank you in advance for you comments and posts.

Adam
EV Forum Admin[/QUOTE]

Hello Everyone,
This is my first day on the site, look forward to reading some of the great blogs and commenting on all the forums. Thank you for allowing me to be apart of such a great community.

Hi, I do maintenance work on our HOA’s NEV, but am not an electrical genius - I’m more likely to be bringing problems than solutions!

My name is Bob Busby, I am a retired military guy living in The Villages, Florida with my wife Ann. Purchased a used 2009 GEM in 2010, had some noise issues with it, but found that was normal with GEMs. Love my GEM but do not like the fact I have to pay for state license plates and insurance when folks here who have golf carts do not unless the golf carts are considered street legal. We have a very large GEM club here and have GEM Car Club meetings once a month. Not sure how many GEMs we have here but they estimate there are 50,000 low speed gas and electric vehicles in The Villages using the county roads, multimodal and golf trails.

Just joined. I bought an ex-municipal E825 2-seat with long bed for $275. Needs batteries of course, but everything appears to be there. It was made in 12 of 2002 so I guess it’s a late 2002 with the 5 HP motor. Mine has the heavy-duty rear suspension with 4 coil-over-shocks. Dunno yet if it runs because it’s missing 4 of the 6 batteries. Was quoted $139.99 each for new DC-31 wet-cell batteries with a $25 core charge for the missing ones. It’ll be springtime before I get them though.

Bob in MA

Welcome everyone. Have a look around, ask questions if you have them and enjoy the site! :slight_smile:

Hello everyone: obviousely I am new to this great forum; I have been in to golf carts for 12 years now. When my plant closed I had to find a way to support myself. I sold cars for a while and then I backed into golf carts. I have been running my little shop from my garage for 12 years now and i still love it. Over the years my helper and I have worked on all types of electric vehicles . What has brought me to this forum is a non running 2002 Gem Car that one of our regular customer brought in. We are unable to make haeds or talils of it. I hope some one will helps us out. Now that I have found this board I look forward to hanging out here too. Thanks everyone.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=ate50et;13904]Hello everyone: obviousely I am new to this great forum; I have been in to golf carts for 12 years now. When my plant closed I had to find a way to support myself. I sold cars for a while and then I backed into golf carts. I have been running my little shop from my garage for 12 years now and i still love it. Over the years my helper and I have worked on all types of electric vehicles . What has brought me to this forum is a non running 2002 Gem Car that one of our regular customer brought in. We are unable to make haeds or talils of it. I hope some one will helps us out. Now that I have found this board I look forward to hanging out here too. Thanks everyone.:)[/QUOTE]

Welome aboard and enjoy your stay! While many think the GEM is a glorified golf cart (and in some ways it is) it is much more! :slight_smile:
Especially for people like me who’s state has strict road rules and require a 17 number VIN to register.

Mouse on over with your questions to the NEV section. There are some very knowledgeable people here on this forum.
Here is the GEM link… Global Electric Motor Cars NEVs forum - Electric Car Forum and Electric Vehicle Community

wow! love the vintage van/truck ! older vehicles are so cool ! cant wait to follow your project, great pics, keep them coming !

[QUOTE=bob.peloquin;13796]Just joined. I bought an ex-municipal E825 2-seat with long bed for $275. Needs batteries of course, but everything appears to be there. It was made in 12 of 2002 so I guess it’s a late 2002 with the 5 HP motor. Mine has the heavy-duty rear suspension with 4 coil-over-shocks. Dunno yet if it runs because it’s missing 4 of the 6 batteries. Was quoted $139.99 each for new DC-31 wet-cell batteries with a $25 core charge for the missing ones. It’ll be springtime before I get them though.

Bob in MA[/QUOTE]
awesome deal there Bob, even better than the deal I got on my 2002 EV4, mine is running but the charger isnt functioning, yet.
I plan on replacing the batteries and upgrading the charger. it is fun to drive though, cant wait to get it running. keep us posted on your progress!

[QUOTE=EvForum;1]I just wanted to be the first one to personally welcome you to the new EV Forum (electric vehicle forum). We want to give all of us Electric Vehicle Enthusiasts a place to talk, EV passion and share current EV News.

Please join me and other fellow EV Enthusiasts worldwide to make a change for the better. The key to change is community, knowledge (education) and the conscious decision to take action.

I thank you in advance for you comments and posts.

Bob
EV Forum Admin[/QUOTE] you are welcome and i am still learning how to use this site so bare with me thank you.

New owner of a 2013 Volt. Fascinated with the economy of transportation. I’m now paying only $17/mo in electricity to go to and from work. It was costing $230 in gasoline (jeep 4x4)

[QUOTE=boxboy;13950]awesome deal there Bob, even better than the deal I got on my 2002 EV4, mine is running but the charger isnt functioning, yet.
I plan on replacing the batteries and upgrading the charger. it is fun to drive though, cant wait to get it running. keep us posted on your progress![/QUOTE]Please look in the GEM eL and eL XDtopic for info on my rebuild project.

Bob in MA

Hi. I’m Kristina Lacu. Tin for short. I personally want to join this forum because I get interested about electric cars. =) So excited! I think this will be good in the future.

Hi Kristina

Welcome to the forum and we look forward your contribution going forward.

I see that you have been posting already, are there are particular cars which you have an interest in?

Regards,

Mark

Hi Jljeeper

I think those who have the Volt or have looked at the car would greatly enjoy reading about what you have to say about your experiences with the car. Perhaps you could post something in the Volt Forum when you have a moment?

Regards,

Mark

Hi Boxboy

Perhaps you could expand on how the 2002 EV4 is to drive, the positive aspects of the vehicle and any issues you have experienced?

Hi my name is Kyle

I am a New Zealander currently living in Germany. I have always had an interest in electric cars but have yet to get behind the wheel of a plug in electric vehicle!

I am most interested in finding out what sort of ‘electric car tourism’ exists. Is there such a thing? What I mean is I would like to hire a car and plan with ease a little road trip with the pre-knowledge of charging locations and co-operative accommodation spots.

I would like to visit California or some other spot in the world where I could enjoy a little travel and sightseeing with my partner in an electric car.

If anyone has some tips for me I would be most appreciative!