Welcome to EV Forum

Hi guys, I’m considering building an EV. I know just a little more than nothing. Looking at the weight of some of the cars used I was wondering if a 65 mustang would work it weighs around 2650 lb… before conversion with the gas engine an transmission. Does anybody know why this wouldn’t work? Thanks.

[QUOTE=ElectroDuster86;5512]Hi everyone, I’ve been looking for a forum like this. This is going to be great. I am in the begginings of an EV converion on my 1986 Plymouth Duster. Was going to be a drag car at first, but then I got hooked on alternative engery. So, it led me here and there. I hope to make new freinds that share my interest in cars and electricity![/QUOTE]

Hi Duster Man I was wondering how your car is coming.

i had one ,the battery capacity is 48v120ah,it can run about 70km,
haoxujian@hotmail.com

Good to see the forum dedicated to electric vehicles …

I joined this forum, looking for solutions to the following problem.
We have a 96 trans 2, it had the internal charger by-passed and was being charged with an external 48 volt unit. Inadvertantly, 110 was plugged into the unit, and 110 volts went thru the system, frying the speed controller, key switch etc. I am looking for used parts to try and restore this unit?
does anyone have any idea where used parts may be available?

I am passionate about EVs and internet … working towards building my website Hub of Electric Hybrid Vehicles ?(Welcome to EVHUB.BIZ)? as my hobby …

Hello I’m Derek, just joined. Looking forward to learning about ev’s. I have to admit I got interested when I learned that the use of ac in these vehicles. although I am not 100% sold on the whole idea because of my situation (Harsh climate and long commutes). Iam a mechanic by trade but have always been fascinated with electricity. I work in an industrial setting with access to a lot of decommissioned equipment and would like to hopefully experiment with it . Thx.

[QUOTE=landspeed;33]Hi! Just joined your forum. My plan is convert my car to a PHEV - while retaining the original engine. The Electric part will be used to assist the engine at higher speeds, or for local driving without using the internal combustion engine. At the moment the idea is still in its infancy, but I will post details of my ideas / questions as time goes on :slight_smile:

Matt[/QUOTE]
HI landspeed.
I’m waiting your question and ideas.
I’m a new member.
Thanks for your website.

Vehicle Shipping

I have new one of this forum. I have found this forum unique as compared to other. Thank you for the site

Hi guys,
I joined this forum fews days ago,I hope to share all my new information for everybody,I’m the manufacturer of the electric vehicle battery charger,welcome to inquiry me,thanks!

export3@hztiecheng.com

just joined was a pioneer in 1975 and built a car then and although primitive in todays technology was still advanced to day.
with walk in gull wings and battery in front and aprox 40 innovations and using all flat panel alloy. weight was 300 lbs with 300 lbs batteries and 2 passengers.
went on to produce some 9 electric trucks befor the price of petrol dropped and went broke:mad:

The Natural Energy Electric Vehicles (NEEV) story
my story

Hi all…

I hope I learn a lot from you guys here.
I am just interested to learn more, but who knows. In the future I would like to have my own electric vehicle and I just might build one for me.

hi, i’m Lee and i’m in asia

Hi all, I’m Josh. I’m part of a research team that is looking into all types of commercial EV’s. We plan on putting up a website and starting to post reviews and interesting articles. This looks like an cool group of people. I’m in Portland, OR.

Hello every one,

I am a 4th year engineering student. We have a project about an Electrical Personal Vehicles (EPV). The first task I need to do is about Marketing Manager. I am supposed to do 4Ps in marketing in our group which are Product, Place, Price and Promotion on the forum. Our idea for this project is a park and ride electrical car. Is it possible please if you guys help me and let me know your comments about these 4Ps regarding our project in the market?

Thanks

Hi, I`m new to the fourm. I tried to upload a 61.9kb picture to the fourm, from documents in my computer, I got invalid file. Can you help.Tom Sines

Hello,

I’m very new to EVs in general, but I’m a pretty decent hack mechanic if I do say so myself.
I have a 2WD, 1983 Mail Jeep, I’ve removed the motor & manual transmission.
Also, I’ve sourced a pair of 4WD axles.
I can’t help but get the thought of making it into an electric drive out of my head.
It would be so much nicer to drive off road, in quiet, with no emissions.
I would be trailiering it to any off road destination, so range is not a major concern.
Nor is speed, actually the lower gear ratio the better. 20mph could be the top speed.
The bouncing/jarring of the liquid batteries concerns me though…
I have just begun acquiring parts & information, and I’ll be reading a bunch of the info posted here.
If/when I do decide to go 100% electric, I’ll start a build thread.

Until then, hello all, and thank you for starting this forum and the info it contains…

-Ben

Hi everyone!

We’re relatively new to the EV Conversion market, but we’re very excited about our involvement. I wouldn’t have joined this forum had we not been so successful at adapting a couple of our automatic transmissions for a number of formerly gas operated vehicles. We sort of fell into this market because the City Municipality that we’re working with had hit one dead-end after another when trying to replace the stick transmission in their EV with an automatic.

Sure automatics have been around for quite a while. Unfortunately most of the feedback we’ve been getting from various sources in the EV industry is that they’ve gotten a bad rap over the years. Based on what we’ve heard, it seems that there are many misconceptions about just how good they really are. We’ve heard everything from “lack of efficiency” to “lack of durability” and everything in between. All of these things couldn’t be further from the truth when you’re talking about a professionally built automatic designed for a specific application and installed properly.

Our involvement here is simply to create awareness of the fact that with today’s technology the automatic transmission is without a doubt a viable alternative for EV conversions and will in fact replicate the drivability of a gas vehicle.

In this regard, I hope that we can be of assistance by answering questions that any members might have. In the meantime, please refer our first post on this forum.
http://www.electricforum.com/cars/general-ev-electric-vehicle-discussion/2577-automatic-solution-ev-conversions.html#post8612

Hi from the UK.

I have yet to own an electric car but as a retired guy on a pension, fuel here is getting really expensive - so I’m hear to see what’s going on.

I’m assuming this is an American site - any Brits here?

[QUOTE=EvForum;1]I just wanted to be the first one to personally welcome you to the new EV Forum (electric vehicle forum). We want to give all of us Electric Vehicle Enthusiasts a place to talk, EV passion and share current EV News.

Please join me and other fellow EV Enthusiasts worldwide to make a change for the better. The key to change is community, knowledge (education) and the conscious decision to take action.

I thank you in advance for you comments and posts.

Adam
EV Forum Admin[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure I know to post a question?? Please advise. Thanks in advance.