Welcome to EV Forum

Thanks,I am very interested in converting my 81 chevy truck to electric,hope I can find some help here.
Randall

Hi,
This seems like a great forum, thanks to those who keep it up and running. I am a longtime performance auto enthusiast, and I love things that are “different”. My projects have evolved from small displacement V8’s to modified 4 cylinder turbocharged engines, always focusing on getting more from less, and now I am considering electric power for my next project. I had originally wanted to couple a modern, turbocharged small displacement 4 cyl gas engine with a venerable classic chassis, but I keep coming back to electric! I have no illusions about achieving the same performance goals, but I feel the impact would be much more significant.
I am very new to electric, so I have a steep learning curve to conquer, but so far it looks attainable. I will be posting plenty of questions once I have done as much research as I can. Bravo to others who have been converting the classics! What better way to keep them alive and enjoy them?

rubber to line battery box for acid spillage

heating cable to keep battery pack 74 degrees

voltmeter

ampmeter

termials and felt washers 24 pair

1 Like

frankenstein knife switches will be used on low voltage somewhere

lug ends

contactors

3/o welding cable

fuses

charger

1 Like

Just joined this forum and am REALLY excited about learning what it takes to make a efficiant EV. I am lucky enough to own a small machine shop that includes a CNC machining center. I also am a certified welder. My hope is to build a efficient EV that I can use to commute to my second job (EMS) as well as run for supplies (cutters and tooling mostly). I hope to learn from folks that have been down this road ahead of me.

Thanks in advance for your patience,

Steve
doveknives@aol.com
doveknives.com

1 Like

I am a auto engineer. I like the HV and EV tech.

nice to rap the EV tech or the hybrid vehicle tech off

[B]Hello from Russia![/B]

Hello All! My name is Yuri.
I am from Moscow.
I am President a Public association of owners of electric cars of the UIS countries. Here our sites and forums: Electrotransport.ru
We very like electric cars.
Russian electric cars proprietors and Ukrainian electric cars proprietors are ready to cooperation, to exchange of experience, and to interaction.
We also will establish references to your forums.

Best Regards

Well just stopped in to see what this forum is all about. A friend of mine & I are just getting into the EV sector and builds. Hope to learn more here as I browse.

Thanks,

hello all
i just bought a tiger truck with a dax controller from the autec navy base here on andros island

any ideas on finding tech notes or trouble shooting guides on this truck
any experts out there?

i am going to charge it with my skystream windturbine …when i get it running!

www.maritimearts.com

Hey all, new member in here from seattle, washington. I’m an aspiring electrical engineering student, considering making an EV out of a toyota corolla chassis. Looking for advice and ideas mainly, thanks for having me on board!

Hi,i am from china and also new here,i gotta say it took me a little while to find this forum,great.i am a big fan of Ev cars,especially mini ones,don’t you think it’s so cute?And in fact we are R$D and producing them,really hope this formu could be a hit. :slight_smile:
——julie

hello guyz im new here, im from philippines

Hello,

Just i have joined your forum…i love electric Cars…i will get one soon…

shareefa
[U]
SreeVysh Corp
[/U]

Hi new guy here from Sydney
Im making my own Electric SuperBike so I can scare myself silly without making too much noise or pollution.
Daniel

Hi everyone, I’ve been looking for a forum like this. This is going to be great. I am in the begginings of an EV converion on my 1986 Plymouth Duster. Was going to be a drag car at first, but then I got hooked on alternative engery. So, it led me here and there. I hope to make new freinds that share my interest in cars and electricity!

Hello guys i’m a new member here too…
What is up guys? how you doing this year?

A cool idea from SEO Test

I’m looking forward to some tinkering. Just bought a Trans2–the precurser to the GEM.

Hello Everyone. Just recently joined the forum and have enjoyed reading the posts thus far. I have also recently begun the conversion of an 88 Mitsubishi MightyMax truck which is going well. You can follow my progress at http://arby56.webs.com
Please leave comments and suggestion on the blog page so I’ll know you’ve visited the site.
The truck is also on www.evalbum.com
Good luck to all who have conversions in progress

Thanks for your welcome messages guys… This is a good forum

I am planning to buy an electric vehicle; can you name any good suppliers in NY area? I have heard much about R Martin Electric bikes, any idea how is it?
www.rmartinbikes.com
:o:eek::o:eek::o:eek::o

Hello everybody. I’m Steve. my plan is to start with a fiero.