Value of 2015 Gem e4

Looking at buying a 2015 Gem e4 that has about 3100 miles but the batteries barely hold charge. Someone put deep cycle marine batteries in it so gonna have to replace them. The cart is really nice and everything else works. They won’t take any less than 4 k for it. Priced and found some batteries for around$1400. So that would put me in it for $5400. That too high ?? All the 2015 models I have seen for sale are 8500 plus without new batteries. Please let me know your thoughts ! Have a great day

That doesn’t seem to be too bad of a price in my neck of the woods but it really depends on where you are located. Some people say they can get them a lot cheaper than that but I’m skeptical

thats a good price if in good condition. Where is it located?

Memphis Tn. What batteries do you think I should put in it. I want to be able to ride it a good distance. A friends of mine told me to put some deep cycle marine batteries in it and it would do just fine. What’s everyone think ?

Gel, agm (sealed) or flooded (water cap)?

Spend the extra money and go lithium and never look back. Several people on here can steer you in the right direction.

They will work, but it depends on what your definition of “just fine” is. They are not really Cart rated and will be over worked and you will be most likely replacing them in a year. If you keep on top of them with maintenance you might get longer. (keep them charged up, watered up, properly balanced, and never run them past 50% state of charge).

The size/range of batteries you will be targeting will depend on what you intend to do with this car. Just around the property? Neighborhood? Always plan for more. These cars tend to be more fun than anticipated and you might be using it more than first planned.

1 Like

I’ve have flooded lead acid batteries and lithium. I would suggest getting the lithium, it’s a pain having to remove the batteries every 1-2 months and top them off with distilled water. If you decide to go the non lithium route you really need to be putting in golf cart batteries…and I would suggest gel ones for convenience but at that point your at (or over) the cost of lithium