Need some advise about a 2015 E-4 Batteries please

I am selling a 2015 E-4 and need to replace the batteries prior to selling. Don’t want to have to drop $2500 on 6 Gel’s, so whats the best Batt’s to put in to sell?
Thank you

It depends on your target market (who you are selling to).

Do your present batteries work enough to verify function?
Just enough to light up the dash panel, roll the car back and forth a couple feet, maybe even run the car with wheels up, and get the charger to kick in?

If it were me, I would feel like I was getting a better deal if I was not buying a set of batteries I did not need. If brand new whatever they were, I would feel guilty about pulling them out and putting in what I wanted.

Some other new person may feel different, and just want a car turn-key.

I purchased it 3 years ago with its original gel batts from the factory in it. They were on their last leg, and now completely dead. It’s been under a cover in my garage, never drove it. Now I want to sell it, so I’m offering a $1500 dollar credit if the potential buyer wants to put some expensive batt’s in it, or, I’ll install 6 new 12 volt cheap batt’s so they can test drive it, etc. Wondering if I go that rout, what is the least expensive batt’s I could get to get it running and sell?

Someone had mentioned US-31 DCXC2’s, or Trojan 30XHS’s, but they are almost $300 a piece. Would that be the least expensive batt’s, but ok to put in a 2015 E-4?

Personally, I hate that plan. You are setting the next owner up for a less than stellar Gem Car experience.

Use your own experience as a benchmark. You bought this car because you thought it would be useful. You never got past that “Punk-dead pack” feel and never found the car useful and parked it for 3 years?

Sure- You could hit up the closest Wall mart and but the cheapest batteries on the rack and maybe spend $900. I bet those batteries won’t last 6 mos.

Or spend a little time this week and see if your batteries will boost back up one at a time with a 12v car charger.

I’m just trying to give the buyer the option to invest in really expensive batt’s if they want, or not. Maybe they will want to do a conversion, I see a lot of that happening to these Gem’s. Why should I go out and spend 2500-3000 on new Gel’s, if they want something else? I just want to give them a car that is in good working condition, able to view the mileage, and feel the ride of the car. That was my train of thought, but I haven’t done anything yet. What Batt’s would you put in there?

I would try to revive the gels, charge each one, on the cart with a regular 12v charger
You’ll be able to charge with the built in charger once you get a bit of a charge on them
The range will be a mile or two, enough to do some test drives, with less effort than having to remove any of the batteries or spend $100’s
Worst case replace any battery that won’t charge with any 12v battery that will take any kind of charge…

A lithium pack with a 30 mile range, that uses the same built in charger is $2900 or less total

thanks for the help…

Walmart Group 29 $100 Maxx Marine batteries (2-year warranty) will work just fine for a year or two. Take my word for it, y\our cart will definitely sell easier and for more money if it is in running condition. I have been running Walmart batteries in my 2002 E4 for 12 years. Each battery lasts 1.5 to 2.5 years reliably.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart-Maxx-Marine-Battery-Group-Size-29DC-12-Volt-845-CCA/20531539?athbdg=L1103&from=/search

I put 6 brand new US 31’s in, $275 a piece, running like a top…pristine 2015 E-4 with 2860 miles on it. thanks for all the feedback.

Did you also change the default / active algorithm (“profile”) the battery charger is using?

Since you still had the original 8 gel batteries in there, your charger is probably set to algorithm # 24 for high capacity gel… Gel batteries don’t charge to as high a voltage as the flooded lead acid batteries you bought. If you leave the charger like that it will kill your batteries.

US Batteries are industrial flooded lead acid or AGM batteries. Not as beefy as a Trojan, but close U̶s̶e̶ t̶h̶e̶ #̶1̶5̶ a̶l̶g̶o̶ f̶o̶r̶ t̶h̶e̶m̶. Use #13 Trojan profile for “big” flooded or AGMs. Like the ones you bought.

See below for directions.

Thank you, I’m just now hearing I need to do this, as I installed them yesterday. They are US 31 DCXC2’s. Is there a way to simplify this, I’v never done this before. I bought this Gem, I drove it 40 miles, and it sat in my garage for 3 years. I know very little about these things. The #15 also on this chart says “gel recovery”, but these are “flooded” I believe.

In the mean time, should I flip the kill switch off to preserve the batts until I figure out how to do this? I charged them yesterday for 8+ hours, and could never get the green fully charged light. There are a few yellow dots on the batt charger.

Reading this chart is pretty complicated to me, what would you suggest I do to get this done? Is there a way someone could do this for me that knows what they are doing?

You are correct. Late night ypo onre, my part. Use #13 Trojan for Trojan, US Battery & Crown flooded lead acid & AGM batteries.

#32 is for other FLA and AGM. Like Intersta, East Penn Dekka, Duracel, O’Reilly, Wal-Mart, NAPA, etc…

This video shows how to change the profile with the tappy-tap-tap method.

@Old_Houseboater uses a light swich or momentary push button with wires & clips so he can be where he can see the lights on the charger instead of having to tap eires under thevart.

Or see if someone who has a programmer is in your area

Use #13 for US 31 DCXC2’s ? That says Trojan for the #13’s on that chart???

How do I view the video you sent?

Should I flip the kill switch to off now to remove the batt charger from the system until I can figure out how to do this?? Is it damaging these new batt’s currently? I have no idea how long this is going to take me to troubleshoot this, I know very little about these Gem’s.

. Don’t know where you are , but in Phoenix there’s a guy who buys, sells, and reconditions used deep cycle batteries. Your local mom and pop golf cart repair shop can probably tell you if there is someone like that on your area. You can disclose this to the buyer and give him the discounted price. This will also give him the option of upgrading to lithium. There’s a guy in n Stockton, California who will do the lithium upgrade, build the mount and everything for around two grand.

Thank you, I already bought 6 new US 31’s…I’m trying to figure out how to re=program the battery charger now…no idea how to do that

Yes is does. Did you read the explanation of why to use that profile?