Battery gem 2 help

hello I’m new on this forum, I speak French so my English is not great; I am owner of a car Gem e2 and I live on a small island of St Barthelemy french west indies. I have this car for about 3 years and my mechanic told me that my 6 x 12 volt batteries died and I need to change them. Here the price is 330 euros + 80 euros batteries manpower = 2060 euros = 2723usd.

I have the opportunity to ship by boat batteries purchased usa.
So I want to know

1. if change the batteries are easy, and if I can do it myseft without garage
  2. what are the best batteries on the market
  3. can i have to buy o change o reprograming the chargeur

thankss for your help

Nobody for help me …?

I tried but they deleted my response for some reason

hi… I don’t want you to think we are not reading your post… it may be that batteries area mystry to all of us… just kidding for those who know batteries… probably the problem is that we are not sure what is in your e-2…

what year is the car?

how many batteries are there?

what is the battery is in the car now?

from that information I think we can help you choose the battery that you will need

if you think your English is bad… this is what Google think I said

salut … Je ne veux pas que tu crois que nous ne sont pas la lecture de votre message … il se peut que Mystry zone batteries pour nous tous … c’est une blague pour ceux qui connaissent les piles … probablement le problème, c’est que nous ne sommes pas sûr ce qui est dans votre e-2 …

quelle année est la voiture?

combien de piles sont-ils?

ce qui est de la batterie est dans la voiture maintenant?

à partir de cette information, je pense que nous pouvons vous aider à choisir la batterie que vous aurez besoin

Bob

[QUOTE=eS GEM Colo;11640]hi… I don’t want you to think we are not reading your post… it may be that batteries area mystry to all of us… just kidding for those who know batteries… probably the problem is that we are not sure what is in your e-2…

what year is the car?

how many batteries are there?

what is the battery is in the car now?

from that information I think we can help you choose the battery that you will need

if you think your English is bad… this is what Google think I said

salut … Je ne veux pas que tu crois que nous ne sont pas la lecture de votre message … il se peut que Mystry zone batteries pour nous tous … c’est une blague pour ceux qui connaissent les piles … probablement le problème, c’est que nous ne sommes pas sûr ce qui est dans votre e-2 …

quelle année est la voiture?

combien de piles sont-ils?

ce qui est de la batterie est dans la voiture maintenant?

à partir de cette information, je pense que nous pouvons vous aider à choisir la batterie que vous aurez besoin

Bob[/QUOTE]

thanks Bob

my car is a gem e2 / 2 passengers / serial n° 5ASGPHA459F049324
MEC 19/08/2009
6 X batteries 12 V GEL are in the car

xavier

hello xavier… my first choice would be to replace the batteries with the same… a Delka or Trojan… look back at some of the other posts to see what others did… the gel will be expensive… even here is the US… good luck

Bob

[QUOTE=Photostbarth;11690]thanks Bob

my car is a gem e2 / 2 passengers / serial n° 5ASGPHA459F049324
MEC 19/08/2009
6 X batteries 12 V GEL are in the car

xavier[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=eS GEM Colo;11691]hello xavier… my first choice would be to replace the batteries with the same… a Delka or Trojan… look back at some of the other posts to see what others did… the gel will be expensive… even here is the US… good luck

Bob[/QUOTE]

Hi bob

Can i change the batteries myself , it’s easy to do it ?
thanks
xavier

the batteries are heavy… but yes you can… two men came and changed mine in my eS, one man removed the two in the back under the bed and the other man started on the drivers side and removed the first battery… then moved to the passenger side and took the 4th battery out… the second and the third battery were taken out the back… they were put back the same way… be sure you remember where the pos and neg polls are facing… think there is a drawing in the link below…

Gem Car Parts Direct | The Nations #1 Source for Gem Car Parts

Bob

[QUOTE=Photostbarth;11693]Hi bob

Can i change the batteries myself , it’s easy to do it ?
thanks
xavier[/QUOTE]

It’s a good action for me after buying 6 news trojan gel batteries to change my gem charger for a 2002-2004 GEM car Ride-4-Fun SuperCharger ?
o is take my money in the air

xavier … that I don’t know… maybe someone else will answer this… Daniel??

[QUOTE=eS GEM Colo;11704]xavier … that I don’t know… maybe someone else will answer this… Daniel??[/QUOTE]

You can buy the same charger directly from the manufacturer, Quickcharge. Just ask for the SCOLVT7210. My post on this charger is here:

http://www.electricforum.com/cars/neighborhood-electric-vehicles-hev/2624-quick-charge-charger-conversion-2005-gem.html

Quickcharge also has great technical support.

Daniel

thanks daniel for this info

it’s the Trojan Battery 31-GEL > 12 Volt 102 Amp Hour Gel Deep Cycle Battery / compatible with my gem e2 car

trojan o deka ? for gem car E2
what is the best
prices?
option?
deal?

I use NAPA 8272. Free delivery and pick up of your cores. They last us about 5 years.

Daniel