Truck tires

Any thoughts on 12 versus 14? Both 23"

Besides not dot. Turf tires?

< $600 free shipping and lug nuts.

Seems to be a reasonable price. I don’t like black ghetto color wheels. I like chrome or mag… to each his own preference.

My experience with a 15" wheel… Don’t do it, 14" would have been better on my e2 in the rear rubbing, and rubs the (front) air flow cooling shields on both side on hard turns.

My car came with new 15" tires and gem factory wheels. I wouldn’t have that size if I was buying them. Low profile series tires also ride hard.

As always… IMHO.

They have 12 and 14 - 23"

12s are less money.

Looks only, one over the other?

I personally think 14’s look a lot better then 12’s and give you a few miles more on top end. Zoom… Zoom! (14’s better cornering also).

Wheel diameter has nothing to do with overall diameter. Stock 12 is about same diameter tire as 14 with lo profile

True… (Most anybody with a I.Q. above room temp knows that!).

I have no problem with a taller tire (23" versus 24"). Its the fatter series tire width that causes problems rubbing on my rear spat and also rubbing on the front cooling thingies on hard turns.

I do like more rubber between the rim and the road for a softer ride as in a 12" wheel. But the 12" rim is just not Cool looking (IMHO). That’s why I have 15" mag wheels with minimal tire between the road and wheel, and suffer the bumps in the road… Ouch!

Friends don’t let friends drive un -cool looking plastic (or metal cars). A corvette with small wheels looks like sheet, so does a Gem car…

As always… IMHO.

The 14’s seem best then.

I’m trying to find a junk 14 to try. I guess bolt pattern won’t matter.
Just thought of that. Duh!:o

I can drill it out to test. Even grind the rivits off an old steel wheel to play with offset.

Or I guess I could even fit a 14 over my 12" tire. Even if I had to cut the bead, it would work to check clearance.
Just don’t trust measuring.

Re thinking your post… Your saying, there would be no speed differential from a 12" wheel with meaty tires and a 14" wheel with a small area of tire as long as both have a similar 23" total radius… Again, Agreed.

Yes, but if you think 14’s look better. Why not?

What about black wheels on Black and white E4?

[quote=Inwo;28361]The 14’s seem best then.

I’m trying to find a junk 14 to try. I guess bolt pattern won’t matter.
Just thought of that. Duh!:o

I can drill it out to test. Even grind the rivits off an old steel wheel to play with offset.

Or I guess I could even fit a 14 over my 12" tire. Even if I had to cut the bead, it would work to check clearance.
Just don’t trust measuring.[/quote]

Most of us that have messed with changing wheel sizes/tires have found that a 1.5" offset plate worked. I have not found 14" wheels with a ready made offset that fit. I have seen offset plates on ebay at a somewhat reasonable price.

Rodney may chime end with a more accurate suggestion… Hell, he most likely can build you wheels!

[quote=Inwo;28363]Yes, but if you think 14’s look better. Why not?

What about black wheels on Black and white E4?[/quote]

They might look good on a black/white gem. Your personal preference… Do what makes you and your wallet happy…

I have seen many full size cars in the inner city with black spoke wheels. Many people’s likes dem. “You Know, we bee’s thinken they kool” (lol) :bounce:

I’m old fashioned, I like chrome or mag wheels from the 50’s.

Last wheels I bought were CRAGAR - SS mags in 1968. :smiley:

May not even get wheels now that I get +5mph without them.

Just have to check with Rodney to see if I’m hurting my motor. 12.4 & stock 12" wheels and tires. 30mph max.

Should have went with the 14s. :frowning:

Look good on the back. Offset is fine. No caliper clearance on the front.
Other than that it’s what I wanted on the truck.

Look good on the back

Looks like a truck on the front.:smiley:

I took the calipers off and mounted the front wheels. taking out the 1/4" spacers they are just an inch wider in front. In a pinch I’ll get 1" spacers.
Looking at other options first.

No other clearance issues I can see.

Think I’ll put the calipers back on with no bolts to see how much clearance
I have to make.

Tires are wide, but I think if I puff em up good it won’t roll too hard.

what size are they… they look wide… I put 14’s on my eS… 185/65

Bob

23" X 10.5"-12" wheel turf tires.

Ordered some 1" spacers for the front. Hope it doesn’t look goofy or mess with steering geometry too much.

Put some 5/8 nuts and 1/2" washers over the studs

Studs aren’t long enough.

The spacers will let me see exactly how much to shave off calipers, if it’s even feasible.

Or they might fit with spacers.

Noticed that I have a bad wheel bearing on front right.

$40 on ebay.

Boot is bad too.

Another thread said “boot not replaceable”.