Larger wheels ? 12" to 14"

I have a 2008 E4 Gem. Want to know if 205/30-14 Lo Pro Tires will fit without problems. I believe they are 21" tires but some may have trouble with clearance on the brake lights on the 2008 If there are any suggestions on 14" tires that will work please reply…

hi Dmax… I put wheels and tires from Discount Tire 185/65/R14 are a 23 1/2" radius and gave me 27mph on flat ground… I have an eS and tried a wheel then a tire on the front and rear to make sure I had clearance before the tire guy put all four together… with the 205/30 the rear spat might be tight and need a spacer…

Bob

Dmax

The wheel size is not the real determine factor.
Example you could have a 12 inch wheel and tire combo that could have a over higher height then a 14.

Check out this tire height calculator
Tire Height Calculator - Wallace Racing

You simply plug in what tire and wheel combo you have and it will tell you what the over all height of your tires and wheels come out to.
There are other tire height calculators out their. The question that you should be asking is what is the largest overall diameter that will fit your year and Model. You bring up a good question about the rear tail lights. I’m sure this will limit your tire and wheel size

The first box is the tire size. The second box is the side wall size or (series) and the last box is the wheel height. Then u hit calculate and it will tell you the overall size

does anyone know the actual offset for new wheels?

What is the actual bolt pattern? 4x4 or 4/100

The bolt pattern is 4x100
2 offsets I know work 38 mm and 40 mm.
40 mm offset here is what a 40 mm offset looks like the wheel is pushed pretty much as far as it can go in

This is a 38mm off set. The wheel is pushed out just a bit. The lower the number off set the more the wheel is pushed out

I have a new 2014 and when I remove the hubcap it doesn’t look like this much offset. The lugs are actually recessed into the rim. Almost a zero offset? In the picture you posted, is there a spacer? I’d post a picture of my wheels, but the site won’t let me.

This is 38 mm offset

The rear requires you use a spacer they are $65 from NEV acessories.com

Innovation Motorsport’s boasts that the wheels they sell or offer require no spacer and bolt right up. If your looking for something that will bolt up and you don’t have to modify your car this might be your ticket. Tell Dustin I sent you he is a cool guy
Innovation Motorsports : Custom GEM Car Gallery

Btw the wheels on my car are 17’s I’m running 195/30/17 this tire and wheel combo also requires you to space or Lift up the rear fender so the top of the rear tire dosent rub the under side of the fender it needed to be moved up like 2-1/2 . The fronts require no mods.

Hello i’m new here. I have a 01 gem i bought with 450 miles. Painted it did the seats and added 14 in wheels and lo profile dot rated. Problem is i played golf and its a bit hilly here and tires were spinning trying to get up to the cart path. There were 2 in the car. Any idea’s if i have to change the front tires or ???
Thanks

welcome bmwatlanta… sounds like you have a nice GEM car… my first question is when spinning the tires did you have the car in the ‘turf’ gear? my car with the 14" tires will spin the tires on a ‘hard’ take off in the road gear… to be truthful I have never had it in the turf gear

Bob

[quote=eS GEM Colo;20956]welcome bmwatlanta… sounds like you have a nice GEM car… my first question is when spinning the tires did you have the car in the ‘turf’ gear? my car with the 14" tires will spin the tires on a ‘hard’ take off in the road gear… to be truthful I have never had it in the turf gear

Bob[/quote]

Bob, Yes it was in turf mode but I should tell you I wrote “cart path” but it was grass coming off the fairway. It does ok on the blacktop.