Think Service Manual

Yes you need to get the voltage above 68 volts before the charger will work so that’s your first step

Batteries are shot as tried to charge each individual & no good. So new batteries which I expected. Next thing is power cord from outlet to car. None with car, Was told just to use heavy extension cord. Will this work. Will be plugged into gfci outlet in the workshop.

Yes a heavy duty extension cord will work

I did buy replacement batteries to power it up. Figured could use in motorhome or sell worst case. They are wet cell napa 8270 which is what was in it. Turned key on and brake, battery, speed and trip lit up in cluster but no response from accel pedal and no lights, signals, horn. 78.6 volts at batteries. There is also no ring with the reset button on the cluster. Good news has newer yellow delta Q charger & it is working. Going to follow the No enable chart but thinking going to have to replace the cluster as there is no power to anything but the cluster.

If the brake light is on make sure the parking brake handle is all the way down. Check for codes

Found mouse had a nice he behind cluster and had chewed a wire. Have full cluster now and drive motor works as axles spin. Still no power to 12 volt systems, lights signals etc. All fuses test good with ohm meter. Can’t check for codes yet as trim with reset button missing. Know where to get a good one? Manual says to check dc/dc converter in front which is this weekend project. Thanks very much for the manuals as they are a big help. Still have to replace all the brakes( some pads feel off when took hubs off and wheel cylinders(all leaking). Then dry rotted tires to replace.

Checking the converters is easy. The two orange wires are battery pack voltage and ground going in so you should have around 72 volts. The other two wires are 12 volt power and ground coming out of the converter. So if you have 72 volts going in and don’t have around 12 volts coming out the converter is bad.

A guy on ebay use to sell a switch check on ebay so you could bypass the reset button

Tested it this morning and the converter is bad. Looking for all the parts this afternoon to make it road worthy. At least to ride around the farm and my county roads. I will check into the bypass and thanks for the tip. Just like any other hobby more $. But this will go faster than the gas golf carts I have worked on.

1 Like

David- I could sure use the service manual as well- looking for fix-it information on the steering box… we ran the right front wheel into a tree and the steering wheel and front wheels are locked up. My email is mulherron1@gmail.com
Thanks
-Steve

Manual sent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Did you get a copy of the service manual for your Ford Think? If so would you mind sending me a copy at jondaro321@gmail.com

Manual sent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hey David - I am brand new to the Ford Think owners club, and could really use a copy of the service manual. Can I get you to email to trw870@gmail.com?

Manual sent >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you sir! Although I am not seeing it in my inbox…I wonder if gmail decided I didn’t want it for some reason. Maybe try this email instead? travis.wright@qtsdatacenters.com

Just sent it. First time having a problem with gmail. Let me know if it doesn’t work. I’m in Mexico on vacation so that might be the problem.

Hi David (and all),

I’m working on repairing my parents Think, and I’d very much appreciate the manual. It’d make this gift much easier…

m3mclean@gmail.com

Thanks!

Hi David I just purchased a Ford think and stumbled on this thread looking for help. Could I please have the service manual?

curtr109@gmail.com

Thanks a lot I look forward to joining the group on here

Manual sent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi David,

Researching a low voltage indicator on my QuiQ CHARGER ( 2 red flashes) could I possibly get a copy of the manual? Checked batteries 5 are volt meter showing 12.6x ish and 1 is 10.2x ish. Charged batteries with charger only get to 3 bars on the Think dash. I see in this thread there is possibly a reset somewhere in the circuit.

Electricjd@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance