Tesla model 3 battery

Hi
interesting by the tesla model 3 battery
and need some information about or
Other suggestions
Did they have a bms built in ?
I have a boat project and plan to connect 2 module model 3 Battery in parallel so I can get 96 volt and 24 kw . I had the idea to put in the Ac50 motor

Thanks

Would not be an easy task to parallel two T3 modules. It would make a horrible mess out of a nicely packaged battery.
They have an acquisition board but no bms.
I believe each module is ~20kw. 23s or 25s.
Only need one. Else switch them for reserve power.
Battery A or battery B.

Hi
Thanks for the answer
You think that I need a bms for one module?

You would need a bms for each module if they are separate.
Only one bms if you parallel cells. I have not looked into accessing individual cell packs under the plastic.
@MikeKC has.
Using the original tiny bms traces are not heavy enough to parallel. IMO
Lets see if Mike has a picture of how he did it. It takes 24 or 26 wires from each tesla battery.
I have two 23s Tesla3 batteries here. If I were to do it, add a bms plug to each, and a “Y” cable to bms.
Not totally safe. No protection from one lead being disconnected. From time to time, one could be unplugged to see if leads are ok.
It may work to use a balancer or bms that monitors the resistance of of the leads.
I have not put a lot of thought into this, but it’s an interesting idea.

I have some pictures somewhere, but there is access to each cell along one side of the top of the battery.Not hard to get at, just takes a little time as David stated there are 26 wires.
I have been running the battery for almost six months, I hook the BMS up to check the cells once and awhile, at this point I do not have it hooked up all the time.
After charging to 98.6v from about 89v four times in six months the cells are still within .02v of each other without a BMS. These batteries are SOLID.
I still think a BMS should be used but not mandatory at least on these batteries.

| MikeKC
July 9 |

• | - |

I have some pictures somewhere, but there is access to each cell along one side of the top of the battery.Not hard to get at, just takes a little time as David stated there are 26 wires.
I have been running the battery for almost six months, I hook the BMS up to check the cells once and awhile, at this point I do not have it hooked up all the time.
After charging to 98.6v from about 89v four times in six months the cells are still within .02v of each other without a BMS. These batteries are SOLID.
I still think a BMS should be used but not mandatory at least on these batteries.

How tesla manage these battery?

how to connect the bms (26 wire )
Do you have pictures? Or drowning ? If it’s possible to parallel two module it will be great i can double my range ( it’s for a boat)
Any other battery can be easier to manage ? (Nissan leaf,chevy,etc…)
I have the idea of the motor but didn’t bought the battery and the controller ( for the voltage)
Thanks

Like I said I have pictures somewhere, have not looked for them
David explained the paralleling of the modules -any battery can be paralleled, but should you?
There are hundreds of options for batteries depending on want and need. I am sorry I do not have the time to do all you research for you.

No problem I’ll continue to search
Thanks Mike