Tesla3 20s build

Just getting started.
Cells are mapped and discharge jig is draining the unwanted bricks. 2 in this case as it needs 5 bricks removed from the middle.
My last Tesla3 module and it’s sold. These make great Gem batteries and I’m hoping someone will pick up the torch.

Well I think I am going to have to pick up the torch… I have a 25S in my garage that we will need to split eventually. Sooner than later actually. Glad I will have a good teacher :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Mike, on that battery, isn’t your wife going to notice that her car doesn’t go zinnng anymore?

1 Like

I might just sign on as the West Coast rep.

Day 4:
Hard part is done. Stacked and connected in series.

Day 5:
Balance leads welded on.
One more day if box gets here.

2 Likes

Box picture.

1 Like

@smspring There’s the perfect battery for your 2016!

There’s a shipment coming from MN to San Diego the end of July if you want to piggy-back on that.

1 Like

Thanks @Erniea15. If it is
Still available @Inwo I’ll take it!

Where are we at? I have a local that could use it in his 72v Bad Boy Buggy.

I gave @smspring the lead batteries out of my 2016 and that got him back up and running for the near term. I think he still wants to go tesla. Let me nudge him out-of-band.

@Inwo @Erniea15 i still want them and the other parts you can supply. But I don’t need them urgently so if you know you will make more in the next couple months then I am
Ok with waiting. Up to you but I am ready to pay as soon as they are shipping.

I will not be making another Tesla battery, but I have a good supply of new batteries.

@Erniea15 @Inwo I would still like the Tesla and other parts. Could I give you a deposit while we wait on the shipper?

I believe the shipper will be in San Diego
On the 24th for Ernie’s older gem.

Yes, send some money and I’ll get it ready for him.
Battery
Motor
Harness
Controller
DCI delta-q charger?

If you go all in with Ernie, that’s some serious investment. :slight_smile:

@Erniea15 @smspring
I have the motor drilled. For a new Gem correct?
Ernie should have all his parts and can give me a list of what to get ready.
George had email trouble but is responding now.

• 8kw motor (drilled if you’ve got it)
  • new sevcon s4 72 volt controller programmed for 48v contactor
  • deltaq charger
  • telsa 20s battery, in case, jk BMS
  • wiring harness for the accelerator and directional control

He has a 2016 just like mine. Previous owner changed the gears so it does 30mph now… guess those are the 12:1 gears.

That should make it almost identical to mine. So once I get around to doing mine, should have it all figured out to help Steve

I eventually want to explore the super charger option… But I’ll worry about that later when I’m up and running.

Trying to think of there’s anything else I should buy while George is coming out this way! I have a stock pile of motors. Need to find more cars to put them in :wink:

Tnx, that helps a lot. I got two motors drilled today. Can’t test fit them yet but working on it.
He just sent some money, so I can get it all ready to go.
The JK bms is a different one I’m using now. The two Tesla batteries have “ant” bms with lcd.
Have you looked at yours lately to see if it has a high or low cell?
The one I have here, #3 is always a little low, even if I charge it. After this module was in storage for more than a year cell was only down .2 volts, so not a big issue.
I disconnected the bms/lcd to see if that’s doing it.

This may be a stupid question, but should i at all be concerned about the legality of messing with batteries for EV’s?

Is there a sort of “do’s and dont’s” list that anyone could share? :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance.