SW Ohio who has a EV conversion?

Hi,

I’m looking for someone in the Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky tri-state area that is currently building a EV conversion, either a package or component build…or someone who has one done and on the road. I would be willing to help out with a conversion in order to learn the systems and procedures. I have a very nice shop and I’m a very capable wrench, welder and fabricator. Otherwise I want to look at a completed product and get more info. from someone whose been through the process.

Thanks in advance

I live by chicago, i know its a distant drive, but i’m going to be starting one of my test projects soon…

FEUS,

If you have all the componets…I would be willing to come up and take a look. I can a get a plane ticket for about 30 bucks and it’s only a 35 minute ride. I’ll wait awhile to see if I get any hits from Ohio. What type of car/truck are you converting. I’m considering an S-10.

Thanks
Dave

[QUOTE=1930u;1287]FEUS,

If you have all the componets…I would be willing to come up and take a look. I can a get a plane ticket for about 30 bucks and it’s only a 35 minute ride. I’ll wait awhile to see if I get any hits from Ohio. What type of car/truck are you converting. I’m considering an S-10.

Thanks
Dave[/QUOTE]

ha i’m not converting anything i’m starting from stratch. purpose built. i want it to be able to get me to and from work no problem and still have enough power to take it to a road course and get in a pretty strenuous 20 min session with short recharge times or short battery swap out times.

Dave
I have an '82 Dodge Ram 50 (Mitsubishi) running which you are more than welcome to look at. I live abt 35 mi so of Indianapolis. I have spoken to a man in Dupont (abt 20 mi E of Seymour) who has driven an S-10 conversion to work (36 mi round trip) for several years. His truck was put together by a man in Indianapolis who drives a Fiero conversion. Maybe this helps.
tommyt

[QUOTE=Tom Thomson;1316]Dave
I have an '82 Dodge Ram 50 (Mitsubishi) running which you are more than welcome to look at. I live abt 35 mi so of Indianapolis. I have spoken to a man in Dupont (abt 20 mi E of Seymour) who has driven an S-10 conversion to work (36 mi round trip) for several years. His truck was put together by a man in Indianapolis who drives a Fiero conversion. Maybe this helps.
tommyt[/QUOTE]

Hi Tom,

Thanks for responding. I’m near the Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky lines, so I guess I’m a only a couple of hours east of you. I would love to take a look at your at your Ram. Did you do the conversion? Is it DC or AC conversion and what is the voltage? Do you drive it daily and what’s the range?

You can feel free to email me direct at iniguy@hughes.net. Also if I come over what days are better for you?

Thanks again!
Dave