Spark Lithium conversion

Volt/Spark are the best bang for the buck as of now.
More and more are learning that. Won’t last long,

MVC-015F

Also what are you guys doing about cold protection?
"Lithium-Ion Cold Storage
• The li-ion batteries in your vehicle will not accept a charge unless internal battery temperatures are at or above 41° F (5° C).

•  	When ambient temperature is at or above -16° F (-27° C), the battery heaters will use battery pack energy to warm the batteries to an internal temperature of 41° F (5° C), at which point the batteries will accept a charge.

•  	The battery heaters will not operate when ambient temperature is below -16° F (-27° C).

•  	When ambient temperature is below -16° F (-27° C), the vehicle should remain in storage until ambient temperature is at or above -16° F (-27° C).

Whenever ambient temperatures could drop below freezing during storage:
• Always make sure the batteries contain at least 20% state of charge (SOC).

•  	Always connect the charger to make sure the batteries can support operation of the battery heaters and recharge the batteries as needed."
1 Like

The original mounting bracket looks like a good option where could I get a few of those

Called a domestic lithium dealer and their plug n play lithium pack cannot run after 120 degrees or charge below 41 degrees. Aren’t you guys up North?

It depends on the chemistry. I’m in Mn. garage for charging.

Lithium titanate is the battery of choice at 2X the cost.
I shipped the last ones out last month.
I have, another chemistry, battery deal going. Let me look at the limits.

Specifications

• Nominal Capacity: 100 Ah
  • Weight: 12.8 kg or 28.2 lbs
  • Max Charging Current: 3C
  • Max Discharge Current: 3C (continuous) / 10C (pulsed)
  • Cycle Life : >1500 (80%DOD)
  • Operating Temperature: -20 to 65 C or -4 to 149 F
  • Self Discharge Rate: <3% monthly

My target selling price is < $300/kwh
About twice salvage Volt cost.

That’s more like it so about $2500 for 8kwh pack. Are these new batteries?

New old stock. Stored from 2015 and 2016.
About 500pcs available.
One time deal.

Energy Density
90-110wh/kg
Power Density
>800w/kg
Dimension
126mm65mm234mm

24s is 72v system just under 8kwh.
<$2500

I better start a new thread.
100ah prismatic cells.

2 more pieces of the Puzzle showed up today.
Daves BMS-24 and Chargey Battery Charger!!

1 Like

I decided to abandon my Steel rod threw the battery “tie down” idea. After I install the battery I will have no room to slide the rods threw to the battery. I’m going with daves idea of a simple nylon battery tie down strap in a cross pattern. One going across the battery and one going front to back across the battery. I guess I was over thinking it. But after stepping back and looking at it again the Keep, It ,Simple, Stupid method is exactly what I needed.

More progress. Decide in the name of Making Room I would cut off all the uesless plastic tabs. This black plastic piece holds the JST connection that’s used for the BMS. The battery has a factory Ribbon cable comming off of it and it’s some what fragile. I wanted the cable to has a strain relief so the JST cable could never tug the ribbing cable

Simple nylon straps hold down the battery fine.

1 Like

All the batteries are installed and now I’m hookimh them up

1 Like

Looks good…

As always take the time to check 27 pins. Stepping fro B- to B+
Any Sparks yet?

Well it’s all installed Hooked up and Charging. The BMS has the ability to shut the Delta Q on and off depending on the voltages you set it at. No fear of overcharging a bad cell. All to do now is clean up and let the car charge up.

Daves little hacks and Tricks worked perfectly. Thanks Dave. I will report back once I get her all put back together and charged up 3.7v and going up

To charge manually with DQ, connect white to B-.
If you get stuck somewhere with low voltage, E-51 below 83v, jumper spoof to get you to a charger.
Some wire a momentary switch.