Some Good Reading Material For Electric Vehicles

I have a PDF I found online when looking to research some more on electric vehicles, but I dont know if anyone has anywhere that I can host it with so that more of us can use it. It has lots of great info on it, so let me know and I’ll send it accordingly.

[B]EDIT: Here is the link to download it.[/B]

http://rapidshare.com/files/120167388/car_-electric_vehicle-lightweight_hybrid_ev_design__2001.pdf.html

I dont know how to go about hosting this pdf, but if possible Id like a copy of it. My email is dg99_@hotmail.com, if you could send me a copy that would be great :smiley:

[QUOTE=dg101;124]I dont know how to go about hosting this pdf, but if possible Id like a copy of it. My email is dg99_@hotmail.com, if you could send me a copy that would be great :D[/QUOTE]

i am fowarding it to you now, i just sent it to the admin and he should be hosting it hopefully soon. its 280 pages and gives full specs on stuff, design charectoristics, and so on. TONS of good info though.

[QUOTE=admin;127]I was going to host this PDF here at evforum.net but its Copyrighted so it don’t think its a good idea but seems like a nice read.[/QUOTE]

well then if anyone wants a copy of it, post on here and i’ll send it then. that way it isn’t touching the site.

I found another book too that is just about equal in info, if not more. going from the frame construction to the wiring schematics of it all.

I would be interested in the pdf too. My email is runningbear27@hotmail.com

Hi can I have it sent to joe0192002@yahoo.com please?

Kind regards
Joseph
Malta (EU)

[QUOTE=FEUS;128]well then if anyone wants a copy of it, post on here and i’ll send it then. that way it isn’t touching the site.

I found another book too that is just about equal in info, if not more. going from the frame construction to the wiring schematics of it all.[/QUOTE]

I would also like a copy of the pdf. Neohippie@carolina.rr.com. I will also host the pdf on my webstie if you wish. Let me know. Thanks.
Todd

I fowarded the books to everyone who requested them.

Thanks for the emails.

Kind regards
Joseph
Malta

[QUOTE=FEUS;681]I fowarded the books to everyone who requested them.[/QUOTE]

I would like copy also. I am very interested in buying or building something in the near future. G485345@aol.com

Thanks
Dave

[QUOTE=DaveW;798]I would like copy also. I am very interested in buying or building something in the near future. G485345@aol.com

Thanks
Dave[/QUOTE]

sent the books to ya

Thank you very much. It will be very helpfull, I would like to start working on something this winter.

Dave

[QUOTE=DaveW;812]Thank you very much. It will be very helpfull, I would like to start working on something this winter.

Dave[/QUOTE]

any ideas on platform or current?

Not just yet, I want to build something as cheaply as possible. I have a buddy that works for a battery manufacter that can help me out with the batteries. I had a Commutacar a couple of years ago and if I can find another one at a good price, I would work with it. I have even looked at building or buying a T bucket roadster style car, I could be light and fun to drive.

Dave

[QUOTE=DaveW;814]Not just yet, I want to build something as cheaply as possible. I have a buddy that works for a battery manufacter that can help me out with the batteries. I had a Commutacar a couple of years ago and if I can find another one at a good price, I would work with it. I have even looked at building or buying a T bucket roadster style car, I could be light and fun to drive.

Dave[/QUOTE]

Dave

If you like the street rod style of a T-bucket, then consider a 32 cabriolet. Then the engine bay is not open and you’ll have a place to hide batteries and such. OR, if you like the bucket, you could maybe do some cool polished alum or stainless battery and electronics boxes up front and leave the “soon to be cool” electric motor in the open for all to view.

Thanks for the info, I really like something low like the "track T roadsters. I have thought about even making the body from sheet metal. I would like to keep it as light as possible.

If I were to build a light weight roadster. I do have a few questions for the experts on here. I would like to have a range of 45-50 miles and be able to maintain a top speed of say 45 mph.

1 What motor should I look for? (price within reason)
2 Also could it be hooked up “direct drive” to the rear end and if so what rear ratio would I need?
3 What kind of voltage would I need? In other words how many batteries?
4 What kind of controller? (again priced within reason)

This project like all of my projects, I try do buld them as cost effectively as I can. (I’m a cheap skate)

Can I get a copy too (joshua.strom@oit.edu)?

Could you forawrd me a copy? Thanks Lectrol@cox.net

[QUOTE=strombomb;1145]Can I get a copy too (joshua.strom@oit.edu)?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Lectrol;1148]Could you forawrd me a copy? Thanks Lectrol@cox.net[/QUOTE]

sent to both.

Hello all,

I’m interested in getting information on EV.
my email is robotmagic@comcast.net

Thanks
Robotmagic:)