Scientific Pioneer needed to test new high performance Lithium pack . At tester pricing

I am putting together a new performance lithium pack . Almost done with the mods but don’t have a gem that I can test in . My personal Gem has The extended range lithium pack in it now and it would be way to difficult to remove it for this testing . Also my available time is very limited at the moment and I want to get this pack installed in a Gem and tested ASAP .

I currently have big extended range packs available, they are the best battery packs for a Gem you can get . But they are over $2,000 and maybe more than some need . So I have been looking to put together a Setup that will give a Gem more range , Significantly increase its performance with a stock motor (eliminating the need to spend $800 on a Ride 4 Fun motor ) , and be easy to install . Plus want them to be NEW . Nothing wrong with the salvage cells but they can vary wildly depending on history . For an end user that is fine but not to sell . I also want to warranty them so the owner has a piece of mind installing them . All this and get the pricing under $1200 , Cheaper than a new set of Gels .

So the set is made up of 3 modules for a total 24 cells (24s) . Voltage range 84v-96v

The tester set is $900 .

So what i’m looking for is a " Scientific Pioneer " with a 2005+ Gem for this first install that can get it in and running asap . The plugs for the balance leads have been modified for easy splicing into a BMS or balancer . You will need to order one .

Also need to figure out how to connect the modules together for the main power cables (still scratching my head on this one ).

The info I am looking for is a comparison in performance to your current setup and range .

If this works as planned packs should be available in about 2 weeks . Might be able to get another one together for an additional tester (maybe pre 2005)

After testing if you are not completely happy with it I will refund your money so no risk on your part .

Upon successful completion of your mission you will receive a " scientific pioneer " limited addition badge .

Any other questions let me know .

Mike @ LithiumGods

1 Like

Hi Mike,
I am up for it.
My GEM is an all stock 2001 E4 with 1600 miles on it. Currently has 3 years old AGM batteries. At the GEM dealer until tomorrow to install front disk brakes and a new DQ charger.

I wanted to try this on a 2005+ first . I know for sure the t3-t5 can handle the voltage but I don’t know about the T2’s and don’t want to delay the project . If I get a second pack are you up for doing this kind of work ?

The T2s won’t run on 99 volts.

I can’t do the work as I don’t have time, so I will need to find someone here is SoCal that would be willing to do it…

That’s what I’m concerned about . I can eventually figure out the best setup for a pre 2005 but need some time . This one needs to go in a 2005+ with a DIY guy who can get it done quickly .

Mike, I have another 07 E4 I have to bring home and it needs a set of batteries so I’m game. I will be converting to AC next. So I can do both systems for data.

1 Like

Great , Is this something you can get to soon ?

The Gem or the Battery pack? The Gem is ready to go. I had no room for it but I sold 2 Seadoos 2 trailers so I just need to go pick it up from the body shop

The T2’s LOVE 84 volts with INWO’s spoof

I may be interested if your still looking for someone. I have a stock 08 elxd.

I have a 2008 with Gels that are long in the tooth. What would a BMS cost?

Thanks,

Larry Ready

BMS is $125 to $200 depending on which one you choose

Just saw this. If you’re still looking for someone, I’m good to go next week, on Tuesday.

I’m just up in St Pete, by the way.

Thanks , I have my pioneers lined up . Waiting on getting the batteries in . Hopefully next week so we can get some install data back .

I’m always down to experiment brotha

Modules finally came in . @Ljtoro is going to be getting a set in the next couple of days and help with getting them dialed in . I would like to get one more set out to someone who is ready to do an install and is up for a little challenge . Info from 3 testers should give us all the data needed . ( @Monkeyron also has a set is in the process of installing)
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMnERFfPGkxJepkj0UPvE8YavfYJrJmmdK8a6Iu

I’m still game if you’re doing pre-2005