Ruff and Tuff Running Slow

Just bought a used 2007 ruff and tuff cruiser 2p 48V. I am only going 12-13mph which I am told it should go 20mph. I located the double speed switch in the glove box but it goes the same speed regardless if its on or not. I took the switch off and connected the wires together directly but still no increase in speed. I have a 300A controller. Any body have any ideas? The batteries are new and have the proper voltage.
Also does any one have a owners manual for a 07 ruff and tuff?

[quote=danlewis75;29363]Just bought a used 2007 ruff and tuff cruiser 2p 48V. I am only going 12-13mph which I am told it should go 20mph. I located the double speed switch in the glove box but it goes the same speed regardless if its on or not. I took the switch off and connected the wires together directly but still no increase in speed. I have a 300A controller. Any body have any ideas? The batteries are new and have the proper voltage.
Also does any one have a owners manual for a 07 ruff and tuff?[/quote]

Hi Dan,
I just bought a 2007 R&T Cruiser so we probably have the same machine. I put new Trojan batteries in it and it will top out a 19 mph. (Wish it went a little faster though). My speed switch does make a difference so maybe the issue is there or possibly a solenoid? Did you find the owners manual? I don’t have one either.
Thanks,
Big Daddy

[quote=Big Daddy;29751]Hi Dan,
I just bought a 2007 R&T Cruiser so we probably have the same machine. I put new Trojan batteries in it and it will top out a 19 mph. (Wish it went a little faster though). My speed switch does make a difference so maybe the issue is there or possibly a solenoid? Did you find the owners manual? I don’t have one either.
Thanks,
Big Daddy[/quote]

I haven’t been able to find a manual either. Do you know what amp your controller is?

I have no clue on the controller. I’ve been on the internet all day searching for clues. I don’t even know what brand the controller is because there’s no markings on it that’s easily accessible. There are three solenoids mounted on top of the controller and taking them off to get to the top of the controller is a last resort. Pictures of the Curtis brand controllers seems to be the best match but they aren’t exact.

My Hunter manual included some specifications at the end of the book, a Curtis controller. Some day I am going to get the programmer cable off ebay.

I’m not sure if the attached files will help you all but it never hurts to try. I have a 2009 Cruiser and these manuals have helped a lot. I do have an owner’s manual but I haven’t scanned it in as a .pdf yet. I guess I should get around to doing that.

Check tachometer pickup and magnet