Rivet Nuts installation in tight GEM frame places. Installing EPS

I am installing EPS on a 2018 GEM E4 that came with manuel steering. Polaris was nice enough to drill mounting holes on the aluminum frames for optional EPS and Heater in all 2016-2022 carts. But they did not install the rivet nuts. I usually use a compact Doyle nut installer, but on some of the locations there is not enough room to use it. Additionally some of the holes are slightly large, complicating installation. The EPS unit is heavy held in by 4 M8 bolts. You want a solid nut that will not come loose or spin. There were 2 holes that I could not get a good fitting nut. So I scoured the internet and tried multiple approaches.
The rivet nut that worked best are the ones in the center picture with a large collar purchased through Amazon. The ones on the left which were standard and could not be installed in tight places. I failed multiple times. The installation process that worked for me was a M8 allen bolt with washer, then 3/8 nut that can spin around the M8 bolt, then a serrated washer that can grab the rivet nut. You need to hold the center nut with a 3/8"/14mm wrench and turn the allen bolt with the racket. It really worked well. I could post a video if this written text is hard to follow.

Hey Riv-Nuts are great. The only complaint I have herd is that people that like to use Impact guns have said that if you hit a Riv-nut with a Impact to hard to go many times the Nut can fail and become a Spinning nut inside your project.

I think as long as you not a hammer head they work fine.

Can you tell us about the wire hook up for the eps

I prefer Jeeves steering.