Gem 2002 rear fender mounting (E825)

Can someone provide a source for the rubber grommets used to mount the rear fender. They have a large end and a narrow shaft about .5 inches long with a threaded insert on the end. When you tighten with screw it causes the shaft to compress and become secure in the the holes in the spat, I think the part number is 0521-00279, there are eight used in the spat assembly.

1 Like

They are called Well Nuts and the size you need is 1/4 by 20 you can find them at the headwear store.
Some headwear places have them and they are a exact fit for replacement gem stuff other headwear stores sell ones that are thinner then the factory gem ones and they tend to spin in the hole. Best bet is to bring a stock one with you and if it looks like they fit buy them

Mc Master car sells every thing under the sun as far as specialty hardware including rubber Well nuts so check them out. And report back

1 Like

Thank you, I did not realize these are just a common item! I see that I can indeed purchase these locally at Home Depot.

Louis

Like I said some places have them and it’s a exact fit others they are smaller, and spin in the hole. You can always add a few layers of electric tape to the outside of the smaller Well but if they are to small

Get a set of these too: GEM SPACER 7/8" FOR REAR FENDERS from http://www.nevaccessories.com/GEM-Body-Accessories/products/88/
And Amazon has well nuts.

I found the exact fit well nuts at HOME DEPOT. I did see those “GEM SPACER 7/8"” on that website, I contacted the website to find out if those were a replacement and there respose was that these are to raise your fender if you have oversized tires.

That’s true they do raise the fenders some, but I wanted the extra cushion. I also used rubber grommets at every mounting point to help alleviate stress cracking.

As usual I’m late to the party. Covering the 8 attaching bolts are body-colored caps. How are these removed without damage? Im doing this for a neighbor and dont want to cause irreversible harm !