Replacing Charger

I am new to GEM cars and have a 2001 E825 with a bad original SPS Electronics charger. I purchased a DeltaQ charger and unsure of how to wire new charger up. Connectors are not the same and i wouldn’t know where to start to hook new charger up. I would appreciate any help.

Search this forum, this has been answered a number of times.

Can you return it go to quick charge much better unit and simpler and easy to program hook up just as easy Myself I would never buy a DQ again and I believe many out there will tell you the same

To each their own - use nothing but DQ and they have do an awesome job - once you have the correct profile or a programer they are very versatile and pretty bulletproof.

DQ is best as shown by the number of oem users.

The main wires from the DQ green plug go here.

B- and B+ are all you need to charge battery.

Some algorithms need a temperature sensor to work. Connect from pin 1 to pin 2 on DQ 8p connector. If you don’t have one use a 10k resistor to spoof it.

The main wires from the DQ green plug go here.

B- and B+ are all you need to charge battery.

Some algorithms need a temperature sensor to work. Connect from pin 1 to pin 2 on DQ 8p connector. If you don’t have one use a 10k resistor to spoof it.

DeltaQ is a very advanced charger . It does things others can’t . take the time to get it to work in your early Gem . Follow what INWO says and you should be good to go .

1 Like

Thanks for all the help with wiring the charger i will try and get it working this weekend.