Replacement battery charger for 2000 e825

The Schott charger in my 2000 e825 has died. What’s the best replacement charger? I have AGM batteries.

Thanks,
Bob

Thats EZ. Quick Charge

Rodney

Who’s the manufacturer and why is that the best choice?

Bob

Quick Charge Corporation.

https://quickcharge.com/

This is the charger Ride for Fun rebrands and charges more dollars for. An older tecnology unit that is almost bullet proof and easy to change programs.

In a message dated 4/17/2018 10:59:49 AM US Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

Sorry, I am new to batteries and chargers and have the same question for a 2000 E825 charger that I am looking to replace. Do you have a specific recommendation for which Quick Charge charger to get? I would like to stay with an on-board charger.
Thank you!

You have 3 options

Stock Replacment for the Schott is

Zivan Charger: check out Ebay.
The upgrade for the Zivan is the Delta Q.

The only thing I don’t like about the Quick Charge “Brand” is you don’t have a Display that shows you state of charge.

The delta Q and the Zivan have remote lights that tell you that your car is fully charged with a green light on the dash. And one more Strike for the Quick charge is its kind of a pain in the A$$ to fit into the aera under the dash.

The delta q and Zivan both fit easy behind the dash. David (inwo) sells New Delta Q chargers for I think $300

1 Like

Thank you very much for your quick reply, I really appreciate it!
Leslie

I had one on a cart 3 years ago. IMHO best charger out there. Give them a call and tell them you have a 2000 72 volt GEM cart with type of battery (Flooded, AGM, Gel) They will tell you what model you need. Note: Your charger can be rebuilt.

In a message dated 3/28/2019 5:42:16 PM US Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

Leslie
March 28
Sorry, I am new to batteries and chargers and have the same question for a 2000 E825 charger that I am looking to replace. Do you have a specific recommendation for which Quick Charge charger to get? I would like to stay with an on-board charger.
Thank you!

Contact Dave: Inwo here on the Fourm

I’m following up on your discussion from 2018 about replacing your charger and wondering what you did and how it worked out. I also have a 2000 e825 and need to replace my Schott charger and would appreciate your input.

Thanks - Thom

Following up on your 2019 battery charger discussion and would appreciate some advice/ info. My 2000 GEM e825 Schott charger must be replaced and I like the green charger light and put the new charger under the dash so the DQ battery sounds like the right one. Someone told me that I will have to buy a replacement wire harness if I use the DQ - is that true? Also, which model do you recommend?
Thanks for the help.