Reduce battery size

I have a 2002 GEM driven about two miles a day on the place where we live. Because of neglect all six Trojan T1275 batteries need to be replaced. Might it be reasonable to save some expense by replacing with a smaller battery? What battery would be best?

@LithiumGods has a very small inexpensive battery available.
@Old_Houseboater can share his experience using low cost batteries.

For the last ten years I have been using Marine deep cycle batteries. for the first 7 years i would get 2 to 3 years out of them. Then the next 2.5 years I started getting failures in as little as 3 months with the last of a 6 battery set gone in 11 monthsI . I had extensive back and forth with the manufacturer’s engineering department, To make a long story short the manufacturing process changed about 3 years ago. Their line of Marine deep cycle batteries are NOT considered suitable for Golf cart use. I now recommend GC (Golf Cart) rated
batteries for your replacement needs. Your T1275s are the top of the line as far as Cart batteries go and usually lasted 5+ years However your requirement could be best served by a.105 AH or 130 AH GC unit

1 Like

Mighty mite from Michael is $1650.